Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default High Pressure Sodium Lights wanted

About 27 years ago, I replace flood lights on my house with a
high-pressure sodium light with a dusk to dawn sensor.

Great deal! traded 300 watts for 35 watts.

I started with two. But over the years one died. I had tried replacing
bulb but no luck. So I did without.]

Now the last one died.

I hesitate to buy a bulb that may or may not work. So I am looking for
a new fixture. But I am having a difficult time.

Does anyone know where I can get a 35-50w high pressure sodium light
and fixture that has a dusk to dawn eye and can mount under my eaves.

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Joe" wrote in message
About 27 years ago, I replace flood lights on my house with a
high-pressure sodium light with a dusk to dawn sensor.

Great deal! traded 300 watts for 35 watts.

I started with two. But over the years one died. I had tried replacing
bulb but no luck. So I did without.]

Now the last one died.

I hesitate to buy a bulb that may or may not work. So I am looking for
a new fixture. But I am having a difficult time.

Does anyone know where I can get a 35-50w high pressure sodium light
and fixture that has a dusk to dawn eye and can mount under my eaves.

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Where have you tried to buy replacements? What kinds of stores?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joe wrote:
About 27 years ago, I replace flood lights on my house with a
high-pressure sodium light with a dusk to dawn sensor.

Great deal! traded 300 watts for 35 watts.

I started with two. But over the years one died. I had tried replacing
bulb but no luck. So I did without.]

Now the last one died.

I hesitate to buy a bulb that may or may not work. So I am looking for
a new fixture. But I am having a difficult time.

Does anyone know where I can get a 35-50w high pressure sodium light
and fixture that has a dusk to dawn eye and can mount under my eaves.

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

i got mine at home depot.

there is an "ignitor" module in the case that has failed.
Unfortunately, the best price I could ever find ($40) was
more than what I paid for my fixtures at the box store.
There is a trigger diode that "spikes" the transformer to
create a high voltage pulse to get the lamp going that I've
not be able to find at the electronic parts house. (Don,
you have any part numbers handy? I have at least 6 fixtures
that just need the diode- a high current diac of some sort)

-larry / dallas

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 4, 9:47?am, Joe wrote:
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message
.. .
About 27 years ago, I replace flood lights on my house with a
high-pressure sodium light with a dusk to dawn sensor.

Great deal! traded 300 watts for 35 watts.

I started with two. But over the years one died. I had tried replacing
bulb but no luck. So I did without.]

Now the last one died.

I hesitate to buy a bulb that may or may not work. So I am looking for
a new fixture. But I am having a difficult time.

Does anyone know where I can get a 35-50w high pressure sodium light
and fixture that has a dusk to dawn eye and can mount under my eaves.

Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Where have you tried to buy replacements? What kinds of stores?

I have tried Home Depot and searched on Internet. The guy at Home
Depot told me that they did not carry those anymore. They had a lot of
Mercury Vapor but not HPS.

Searching on the internet, I seem to get lost in the various stores
that offer lots of lighting but I cannot seem to zero in on what I am
looking at.

I think I am suffering from two many options and not being savvy
enough to sort through them.

----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----- Hide quoted text -

check WWGrainger

Posted to alt.home.repair

I live in Virginia Beach. The fixtures I got from HD failed every few
years. So I went to this dealer in specialty lighting and he sold me
a fixture which I've had up their for an age. You might contact him:
http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/merc...y-Company.html

Have you talked to these guys?
http://www.spacosupply.com/index.cfm?cid=16&id=cid&mc=5
http://www.affordablelighting.com/ou...t_fixture.html