Maytag dryer control knob removal

Old June 1st 07, 02:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag dryer control knob removal

Anyone know how to remove the timer control knob on a maytag dryer
about 15 years old? I tried to unscrew it, which did not work. I held
on to the plastic disk under the knob, but I was afraid that if I
turned any harder, something would break. I pulled pretty hard while
rocking the knob, without success.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Blackhawk
Old June 1st 07, 11:48 PM posted to alt.home.repair
EXT

If it is a knob that is turned, and some that are not, they don't screw on
but just press on and pull off the stem. Yours may differ, if you have a
knob that turns to time the drying, it must be an economy model, which again
probably indicates the knob just pulls off. Try it gently, but first look
for a set screw, again probably on the bottom of the knob.

Old June 2nd 07, 06:43 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 17:48:18 -0400, "EXT"
wrote:
Thanks for the advice, EXT. I'll have a look for that setscrew.
BlackHawk
If it is a knob that is turned, and some that are not, they don't screw on
but just press on and pull off the stem. Yours may differ, if you have a
knob that turns to time the drying, it must be an economy model, which again
probably indicates the knob just pulls off. Try it gently, but first look
for a set screw, again probably on the bottom of the knob.

.. .

Old June 3rd 07, 05:13 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 13:25:14 -0600, "news"
wrote:

You have to pry out a plastic disk in the center of the knob. Underneath is
a screw!

Thanks for that info, News. I'll try that.
BlackHawk