Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lowes or Best Buy for delivery and installation of dishwasher

Lowes and Best Buy have the dishwasher we want for about the same
price. We do not want to install the dishwasher ourselves.

Which would be better, Lowes or Best Buy, for the delivery and
change out installation of a dishwasher? Thank you in advance for
all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 6, 1:34 pm, Daniel Prince wrote:

Which would be better, Lowes or Best Buy, for the delivery and
change out installation of a dishwasher? Thank you in advance for
all replies.

No experience with Lowes for appliances. Within the last 5 years, have
had a fridge and a washer delivered and installed by Best Buy. Things
went smoothly both times.

Of course, with a fridge and a washer, installation consists of plug
it in and connect the water - a little more complicated installing a
dishwasher, although the basic concept is the same.

Rather than have them haul off the old appliances, I take them to
Goodwill or Deseret and donate them, get a little bit back at tax
time. The Best Buy delivery guys even helped me load the old fridge on
my pickup.

Jerry

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message
Lowes and Best Buy have the dishwasher we want for about the same
price. We do not want to install the dishwasher ourselves.

Which would be better, Lowes or Best Buy, for the delivery and
change out installation of a dishwasher? Thank you in advance for
all replies.

Neither. You may be amazed that your local dealer can now be competitive on
price and be superior on service. They belong to buying co-ops and can sell
at the same price as the big box stores. The local guy usually has superior
service.

When my freezer died I had one in an hour. When I bought a new washer, it
was three hours, my DW did take a day to have installed. At least give them
a try.

Posted to alt.home.repair
TH TH is offline

On Jun 6, 4:42 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"Daniel Prince" wrote in message

Lowes and Best Buy have the dishwasher we want for about the same
price. We do not want to install the dishwasher ourselves.

Which would be better, Lowes or Best Buy, for the delivery and
change out installation of a dishwasher? Thank you in advance for
all replies.

Neither. You may be amazed that your local dealer can now be competitive on
price and be superior on service. They belong to buying co-ops and can sell
at the same price as the big box stores. The local guy usually has superior
service.

When my freezer died I had one in an hour. When I bought a new washer, it
was three hours, my DW did take a day to have installed. At least give them
a try.

I agree. I bought a new fridge, washer and dryer from a local family
owned business. They were just as competitive as HD, but their price
included delivery and installation, so they were actually cheaper.
They were also far more knowledgable about the appliances. Also, they
were great about replacing the refrigerator with a different model,
because of problems we were having with it shortly after they
installed it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message
.. .
Lowes and Best Buy have the dishwasher we want for about the same
price. We do not want to install the dishwasher ourselves.

Which would be better, Lowes or Best Buy, for the delivery and
change out installation of a dishwasher? Thank you in advance for
all replies.

Neither. You may be amazed that your local dealer can now be competitive on
price and be superior on service. They belong to buying co-ops and can sell
at the same price as the big box stores. The local guy usually has superior
service.

When my freezer died I had one in an hour. When I bought a new washer, it
was three hours, my DW did take a day to have installed. At least give them
a try.

There is a local dealer that we have used in the past but their web
site does not list Whirlpool in the brands that they sell and we
have decided to get the Whirlpool DU1055XTSQ. I looked in the phone
book and all I found were repair businesses and one that seems to
sell only Maytag.

Do you know of a good dealer near Gardena CA (near the intersection
of the 110 and 91 freeways) that sells Whirlpool dishwashers?
--
I don't understand why they make gourmet cat foods. I have
known many cats in my life and none of them were gourmets.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message

There is a local dealer that we have used in the past but their web
site does not list Whirlpool in the brands that they sell and we
have decided to get the Whirlpool DU1055XTSQ.

Why not just call and ask? Often dealers work with certain brands (that
help pay the advertsing), but have access to most any brand. Since you
already know exactly what you want, he may be able to offer you an even
better price since he has little effort to make the sale. It will only take
a minute to find out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. net...

"Daniel Prince" wrote in message
Lowes and Best Buy have the dishwasher we want for about the same
price. We do not want to install the dishwasher ourselves.

Which would be better, Lowes or Best Buy, for the delivery and
change out installation of a dishwasher? Thank you in advance for
all replies.

Neither. You may be amazed that your local dealer can now be competitive

on
price and be superior on service. They belong to buying co-ops and can

sell
at the same price as the big box stores. The local guy usually has

superior
service.

Amen!

If you are DIY, then use the "big box" store. They still will haul away
the old machine (you have to do the disconnect) and place the new machine in
the kitchen.

If you have an "installation" it's often by sub-contractors who only answer
to the "big box" store. The pure delivery guys (both Lowe's and Best Buy)
are (around here, at least) employees. In the case of a clotheswasher,
they went ahead and "installed" it was nice of them because I didn't pay
extra for it.

A dishwasher install can get complicated and it's better to have someone who
can replace a drain pipe, etc, if needed.