Gluing concrete roof tiles

Old May 28th 07, 04:15 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gluing concrete roof tiles

I have about a dozen of concrete roof tiles that are cracked from heavy
people walking on them so I got a few tubes of the RT-600 adhesives and try
to glue them back together.

My question is as I applied the adhesive on the back and cracked edges and
put them back together the adhesive will be squeezed out of the joint to
form a "bead". Should I wipe down the bead or should I leave the bead
alone? Does it make a difference?

I was wondering, would gorilla glue be a stronger adesive to use than the
RT-600 roof tile adhesive?

Thanks,

MC

Old May 28th 07, 05:19 AM posted to alt.home.repair
Joe

On May 27, 10:15 pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
I have about a dozen of concrete roof tiles that are cracked from heavy
people walking on them so I got a few tubes of the RT-600 adhesives and try
to glue them back together.

My question is as I applied the adhesive on the back and cracked edges and
put them back together the adhesive will be squeezed out of the joint to
form a "bead". Should I wipe down the bead or should I leave the bead
alone? Does it make a difference?

I was wondering, would gorilla glue be a stronger adesive to use than the
RT-600 roof tile adhesive?

Thanks,

MC

Far and away the best adhesive for concrete is a slow cure 2 part
epoxy. When you use it, the bead that squeezes out can be cleaned off
with acetone and will be nearly invisible. Then use any conventional
roof tile adhesive to set the repaired tile in place. HTH

Joe