Where can I buy stucco materials (mix, colorants, wire mesh, etc)

Old May 20th 07, 04:18 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where can I buy stucco materials (mix, colorants, wire mesh, etc)

I have looked for days to find a supplier of stucco materials for an
extensive repair on my house in Central Virginia. I've tried Lowes,
Home Depot, a local concrete company, and extended my search even into
the nearest bigger city (Richmond). I can't seem to find any place
that sells any of the basic materials (mix, colorants, wire mesh,
etc). I know that I can prepare many of these materials myself, but
I've been advised to use the products that are specially designed for
stucco...

Does anyone know of a place that carries these items?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Chess

Old May 20th 07, 04:56 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On May 20, 11:18 am, Chessaurus wrote:
I have looked for days to find a supplier of stucco materials for an
extensive repair on my house in Central Virginia. I've tried Lowes,
Home Depot, a local concrete company, and extended my search even into
the nearest bigger city (Richmond). I can't seem to find any place
that sells any of the basic materials (mix, colorants, wire mesh,
etc). I know that I can prepare many of these materials myself, but
I've been advised to use the products that are specially designed for
stucco...

Does anyone know of a place that carries these items?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Chess

Greetings,

I know that Home Depot sells these materials in PA. Perhaps a local
Home Depot would be willing to special order it for you?

Hope this helps,
William

Old May 20th 07, 05:42 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On May 20, 10:56 am, "
wrote:
On May 20, 11:18 am, Chessaurus wrote:

I have looked for days to find a supplier of stucco materials for an
extensive repair on my house in Central Virginia. I've tried Lowes,
Home Depot, a local concrete company, and extended my search even into
the nearest bigger city (Richmond). I can't seem to find any place
that sells any of the basic materials (mix, colorants, wire mesh,
etc). I know that I can prepare many of these materials myself, but
I've been advised to use the products that are specially designed for
stucco...

Does anyone know of a place that carries these items?

The big box stores are not the be all and end all of building
supplies. You need someone who specializes in concrete/masonry
supplies.

a quick google search yields http://www.southsidebuilders.com/history.asp
in Richmond. Why don't you try calling them. If they don't have it,
I bet they know who does.

Old May 20th 07, 07:50 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On May 20, 11:56 am, "
wrote:
[...]

I only checked the Home Depot website -- not the actual store. I
assumed that the inventory would match the website. I'll try calling
them.

Thanks for your suggestion.

-ZDB

Old May 20th 07, 08:05 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On May 20, 12:42 pm, marson wrote:
On May 20, 10:56 am, "
wrote: On May 20, 11:18 am, Chessaurus wrote:

[...]

Thank you -- I will give them a shot.

Best,
Chess

Old May 21st 07, 12:55 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Chessaurus wrote:

I only checked the Home Depot website -- not the actual store. I
assumed that the inventory would match the website. I'll try calling
them.

My experience is that neither Lowes nor HD list construction materials on their
wed sites.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars
Old May 21st 07, 08:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On May 20, 2:07 pm, Chessaurus wrote:
On May 20, 11:56 am, "
wrote:

[...]

I think you should be able to order a single 2x4x16 online ... or a
bag of crushed gravel, but Home Depot and Lowes think they shouldn't
allow you to order anything with too high a ratio of shipping to cost-
of-product. They also close their doors at night while full of
shoppers in places they have a "local-monopoly". However, they do
quite well so I guess it must be what the consumer demands.

Good Luck!

Stucco materials [email protected] Home Ownership 0 April 17th 07 04:41 PM
OK to put wire mesh on the inside of roof vents? Bill Stock Home Repair 11 January 22nd 07 12:50 PM
Supplier of wire mesh? NoSpam UK diy 6 January 15th 07 02:07 PM
Difference in stucco materials... Doc Home Repair 0 January 10th 07 02:45 PM
Do I need to redo the wire mesh or rebar? miamicuse Home Repair 9 September 3rd 05 04:13 PM