Where to buy replacement hardboard lap siding?

Old May 16th 07, 02:37 PM posted to alt.home.repair
dw

Default Where to buy replacement hardboard lap siding?

Where can I buy replacement hardboard siding? I need to replace a few pieces
on my house. I tried Home Depot, Lowes, and some contractor lumber yards
with no luck finding the type on my house.

dw

Old May 16th 07, 07:43 PM posted to alt.home.repair
dpb

On May 16, 7:37 am, "dw" wrote:
Where can I buy replacement hardboard siding? I need to replace a few pieces
on my house. I tried Home Depot, Lowes, and some contractor lumber yards
with no luck finding the type on my house.

Might help as a start to know what type is on your house you're
looking for...

Try the manufacturers like Georgia-Pacific, Weyerhauser, Masonite (are
they still independent, I don't know any longer?), etc., etc., and see
if you can find it as a product, then find distributor for the
product. Much of the old hardboard has been discontinued, however, so
may not be available.

If larger full-service lumber yards were unable to help, that's
probably a sign, unfortunately.