Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Building Brush Fire next to LP Tank

I had a huge brush pile in my yard. It was piled next to my 500gal.
LP tank. I started it on fire earlier but my neighbor came running
over with a fire extingusher and made out my fire. Then he used my
hose to soak the pile. I am really angered because he has no right
tampering with my yard. I almost called the police but I try to be on
good terms with my neighbors even if they are all assholes.

Anyhow, he claimed that it's very dangerous to have a fire next to my
LP tank. I told him he's crazy because the tank is steel and steel
dont burn. He said he used to be a volunteer fireman when he was
younger. Obviously he was a volunteer because he's too damn stupid to
be a real fireman. Some people are idiots and this neighbor really
takes the cake when it comes to idiots. The fire did burn some paint
off one end of the tank but no big deal. Nothing a little white paint
cant fix.

Now I got to wait several days till the wood drys before I can start
the fire again. This time I'll wait till the neighbor is gone. But I
think I'll pull the wood about 3 feet from the tank so it dont burn
more paint. I dont feel like painting the whole tank.

Anyhow, I'd like to tell this neighbor off, but I want some scientific
information why steel dont burn. Can anyone tell me where to get this
proof?

Thanks
Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair
GWB GWB is offline

Don't be silly; fire that mutha up!

(don't forget the marshmallows.)

On Thu, 10 May 2007 00:24:17 -0500, wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

A pretty poor troll.

Score that a 2.5 out of 10.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 May 2007 00:07:33 -0700, jJim McLaughlin

A pretty poor troll.

Score that a 2.5 out of 10.

Or a 10 /10 on the Darwin Award.
Posted to alt.home.repair

URGENT !!! URGENT !!!!

PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME !!

I NEED YOUR BIG HELP.

PLEASE COULD YOU CLICK HERE TO VOTING MY BABY AND ME. http://98.TO/qbabys/

YOUR HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Posted to alt.home.repair

sadly there are real people this dumb, as to light a fire around a
propane tank........

yeah real idiots who just dont get it

mightbe a troll but just may be a clueless person

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Rosie O'Donnell says that steel won't melt with an ordinary fire. If it
won't melt, it sure won't burn.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 May 2007 00:24:17 -0500, wrote:

Check this fire ball from Las Vegas. Took out a propane business.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5219818
--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 May 2007 11:24:53 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 10 May 2007 00:24:17 -0500, wrote:

Check this fire ball from Las Vegas. Took out a propane business.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5219818

And the reporter, Martha Guzman is an idiot. "As we all got to
witness, propane is highly flammable. It requires some strict safety
measures when working with or around natural gas"

--Andy Asberry--
------Texas-----
Posted to alt.home.repair

.:\:/:.
+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
| | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
@x@@x@ | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
\||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
\||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to.
We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 10 May 2007 18:08:10 -0500, Andy Asberry
wrote:

On Thu, 10 May 2007 11:24:53 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 10 May 2007 00:24:17 -0500, wrote:

Check this fire ball from Las Vegas. Took out a propane business.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5219818

And the reporter, Martha Guzman is an idiot. "As we all got to
witness, propane is highly flammable. It requires some strict safety
measures when working with or around natural gas"

There are a lot of idiots in local news. And a lot in national news.

Every time a reporter or news reader says, Pres. Bush believes, or Joe
Biden is angry, they show they don't understand how news is supposed
to work.

They are vouching for the sincerity of the person's words or even his
body language. No one knows what anyone else believes, and certainly
not a politician.

The only thing they should say is "So-and-so said". If they get the
quote right, that is a fact and not the reporter's personal opinion.

--Andy Asberry--
------Texas-----

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 10 May 2007 11:26:16 -0400, "Joseph Meehan"

I had a huge brush pile in my yard. It was piled next to my 500gal.
LP tank. I started it on fire earlier but my neighbor came running
over with a fire extingusher and made out my fire. ...

Just on the off hand chance that you are not trolling, No fires near LP
tanks.

I dont think I am trolling. What is trolling, is that some sort of
fire department term or what? I just used matches to light the fire
after pouring some gas on the pile.

OK, but why should I not make a fire near a LP tank? Steel dont burn,
so what is the problem? Some people say eating candy is bad too, but
there has to be a reason. Otherwise how does anyone know it's bad?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
wrote:

On Thu, 10 May 2007 11:26:16 -0400, "Joseph Meehan"

I had a huge brush pile in my yard. It was piled next to my 500gal.
LP tank. I started it on fire earlier but my neighbor came running
over with a fire extingusher and made out my fire. ...

Just on the off hand chance that you are not trolling, No fires near LP
tanks.

I dont think I am trolling. What is trolling, is that some sort of
fire department term or what? I just used matches to light the fire
after pouring some gas on the pile.

OK, but why should I not make a fire near a LP tank? Steel dont burn,
so what is the problem? Some people say eating candy is bad too, but
there has to be a reason. Otherwise how does anyone know it's bad?

Trolling just means, stumbling around in a post-coital daze after
jackbootin' a sheep. But seriously, I think you should test this out on
your own instead of relying on the advice of a bunch of idiots on a
newsgroup. Get Gomer Pyle over there with a fuel truck, and pump seven
or eight hundred gallons of gas on the propane tank, and the brush pile,
too, and maybe that dickwad neighbor's barn, and light 'em up. Check
back the next day and see whether that doggone steel LP tank burned or
not. And then let us know. I bet that darn steel won't burn or melt or
explode and blow your house to the other corner of Nebraska or nothing.
Bunch of nervous nellies around, worrying about silly ass ****.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Thu, 10 May 2007 11:26:16 -0400, "Joseph Meehan"

I had a huge brush pile in my yard. It was piled next to my 500gal.
LP tank. I started it on fire earlier but my neighbor came running
over with a fire extingusher and made out my fire. ...

Just on the off hand chance that you are not trolling, No fires near
LP
tanks.

I dont think I am trolling. What is trolling, is that some sort of
fire department term or what? I just used matches to light the fire
after pouring some gas on the pile.

OK, but why should I not make a fire near a LP tank? Steel dont burn,
so what is the problem? Some people say eating candy is bad too, but
there has to be a reason. Otherwise how does anyone know it's bad?

I don't see a thing in the world wrong with it. You should continue to do
it at every opportunity. Just stay close and tend the fire so it doesn't
get out of control.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 May 2007 00:21:13 -0400, mm
wrote:

There are a lot of idiots in local news. And a lot in national news.

Every time a reporter or news reader says, Pres. Bush believes, or Joe
Biden is angry, they show they don't understand how news is supposed
to work.

They are vouching for the sincerity of the person's words or even his
body language. No one knows what anyone else believes, and certainly
not a politician.

The only thing they should say is "So-and-so said". If they get the
quote right, that is a fact and not the reporter's personal opinion.

The worst one was last month. I don't recall if it was Time or
Newsweek that had an issue on global warming. They had a list of
things you could do to reduce greenhouse gases. One was to raise
organic COTTON on sheep.

--Andy Asberry--
------Texas-----
Posted to alt.home.repair

Troll O Meter

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
| | | | | | | | | | |
^

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"jJim McLaughlin" wrote in message
: wrote:
:
: A pretty poor troll.
:
: Score that a 2.5 out of 10.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ONLY IF YOU URGENTLY SEND ME YOUR BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER AND PIN. I
AM THE DEPOSED KING NAMBU NAMBU FROM NIGERIA AND AM TRYING TO GET
MY FUNDS OUT OF THE COUNTRY TOTALLING $24,000,000 AND YOU MAY
KEEP TEN PERCENT IF YOU LET ME TRANSFER THESE FUNDS TO YOUR BANK
ACCOUNT WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS. THIS IS URGENT AND
CONFIDENTIAL.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"JOY·ò·ò" wrote in message
ups.com...
: URGENT !!! URGENT !!!!
:
: PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME !!
:
: I NEED YOUR BIG HELP.
:
: PLEASE COULD YOU CLICK HERE TO VOTING MY BABY AND ME.
http://98.TO/qbabys/
:
: YOUR HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
:
:

Posted to alt.home.repair

IF YOU MUST KNOW I'M ACTUALLY 82 YEARS OLD, CHAIN SMOKE AND MY
TITS HANG DOWN TO MY BELLY BUTTON

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Clark" wrote in message
:
:
: OH COME ON. YOU HAVE TO BE THE DEPOSED MISTRESS OF THE EXILED
FORMER KING....