Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ceiling fixture attach plate screws

I mean those screws that you use to attach the fixture to the celing box
with.

Seems like they designed it so that it was as difficult to use as possible.

2 screws with a single nut fed through the ceiling box mounting plate and
that is supposed to secure the fixture to the box. I'm sorry but I can't
fathom a more difficult task. Couldn't they have at least provided 2 nuts
per screw so that the screw could be held secure when you're trying to
position the fixture on the mount plate? And that's the other thing, you
aren't screwing the nuts INTO the mount plate, the screws are dangling OUT
of the mount plate. In a ceiling mount that isn't too bad, but when its for
a wall mount its almost impossible because the screws flop down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
I mean those screws that you use to attach the fixture to the celing box
with.

Seems like they designed it so that it was as difficult to use as

possible.

2 screws with a single nut fed through the ceiling box mounting plate and
that is supposed to secure the fixture to the box. I'm sorry but I can't
fathom a more difficult task. Couldn't they have at least provided 2 nuts
per screw so that the screw could be held secure when you're trying to
position the fixture on the mount plate? And that's the other thing, you
aren't screwing the nuts INTO the mount plate, the screws are dangling OUT
of the mount plate. In a ceiling mount that isn't too bad, but when its

for
a wall mount its almost impossible because the screws flop down.

Aren't there threaded holes on the bracket that you turn the screws through
and lock them down with the single nut?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"John Grabowski" wrote in message

[...]

Naw, on this one its just a pair of slots - its sucks!

Maybe its just a bad design. Do they sell those mount plates separately or
is that part of the fixture only?

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

I don't recall if you can buy them separately at a home center, but maybe a
lighting store or possibly online. Ebay is a thought. Whenever I need
fixture parts there is one place a few miles from me that seems to have
everything I am looking for though much of it is used or outdated. Are you
in New Jersey?

I always say that the person who designs it doesn't have to install it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

Naw, I'm on the other side of the country. I can try a few of the
electrical stores around here and see what turns up. Its possible that once
I replace this fixture I'm working on, see "moving stud" and "help with
porch light" I can rotate the box and better position the plate.