Posted to alt.home.repair
Max Max is offline

Default where is a "diverter" located in a kitchen sink?

I think mine may be going and if this isn't a massive job to replace,
I'll do it myself.

But..DUH..I have no idea what one looks like or where it is. Is it
normally found at the base of the faucet neck?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 9:37�pm, Max wrote:
I think mine may be going and if this isn't a massive job to replace,
I'll do it myself.

But..DUH..I have no idea what one looks like or where it is. *Is it
normally found at the base of the faucet neck?

mine in a delta single handle is on the side, years ago in our old
house it was in the center of the spout. it appears they are easy to
spot, so who made your faucet?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 02 May 2007 21:37:59 -0400, Max wrote:

I think mine may be going and if this isn't a massive job to replace,
I'll do it myself.

But..DUH..I have no idea what one looks like or where it is. Is it
normally found at the base of the faucet neck?

You have to put the whole quesion in the text of the question. Not
everyone can read it otherwise.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Max Max is offline

On Wed, 02 May 2007 23:48:41 -0400, mm
graced this newsgroup with:

On Wed, 02 May 2007 21:37:59 -0400, Max wrote:

I think mine may be going and if this isn't a massive job to replace,
I'll do it myself.

But..DUH..I have no idea what one looks like or where it is. Is it
normally found at the base of the faucet neck?

You have to put the whole quesion in the text of the question. Not
everyone can read it otherwise.

actually, unless you're using some early 80's tin reader, the subject
line always shows up. What reader are you referring to that people
can't see the subject line of a post?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 03 May 2007 21:28:58 -0400, Max wrote:

On Wed, 02 May 2007 23:48:41 -0400, mm
graced this newsgroup with:

On Wed, 02 May 2007 21:37:59 -0400, Max wrote:

I think mine may be going and if this isn't a massive job to replace,
I'll do it myself.

But..DUH..I have no idea what one looks like or where it is. Is it
normally found at the base of the faucet neck?

You have to put the whole quesion in the text of the question. Not
everyone can read it otherwise.

actually, unless you're using some early 80's tin reader, the subject
line always shows up. What reader are you referring to that people
can't see the subject line of a post?

Someone else a few days ago said he couldn't see the subject. Maybe
it's just so far from the text he doesn't notice it. That's the case
with me so I just don't look at the subject. When I read a essay or a
book, I expect to see the content within it, and not have to read the
title.

And hallerb's answer said they are easy to spot, so he might be a
third person.

If the OP wants good answers, he shouldn't rely on what people might
do, or what the program might do. He should tell people what they
need to know to answer the qustion.

Oh, you're the OP. I was trying to help you post well. Do you want
to get good answers for your questions, or do you want to play games
with us and ignore good form because of your feelings about software?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Max Max is offline

On Fri, 04 May 2007 11:49:51 -0400, mm
graced this newsgroup with:

Oh, you're the OP. I was trying to help you post well. Do you want
to get good answers for your questions, or do you want to play games
with us and ignore good form because of your feelings about software?

Ciome on, I can't believe you read *every single post* because you
"can't read the subject line*. Please, at least be remotely plausible
in your replies.

Additionally, regardless of WHAT my subject line or content is,
you've provided no valuable input at all. Instead, you've done
nothing but try to be a net nanny. Which, if you haven't noticed,
has and will have little effect on my posting habits.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 05 May 2007 10:19:41 -0400, Max wrote:

On Fri, 04 May 2007 11:49:51 -0400, mm
graced this newsgroup with:

Oh, you're the OP. I was trying to help you post well. Do you want
to get good answers for your questions, or do you want to play games
with us and ignore good form because of your feelings about software?

Ciome on, I can't believe you read *every single post* because you
"can't read the subject line*. Please, at least be remotely plausible
in your replies.

I never said I read every single post, and I don't. For a variety of
reasons, I don't see subjects. I click on a thread based on any one
word in the subject and expect to see the rest of the topic explained
in the body. I choose a thread because it's as short or as long as
I'm interested in at the moment. I read posts consecutively, until I
get bored. I read posts consecutively at the bottom, where no one has
answered.

No matter what you imagine are my habits, I know for sure that I see
quite a few posts that I can't understand, and when I bother to check,
it's usually because essential facts were in the subject line only.
But I rarely check anymore, and I just keep going.

Additionally, regardless of WHAT my subject line or content is,
you've provided no valuable input at all.

I know. Sometimes people here and on other ng's will point out that
someone didnm't provide enough facts and then they'll go on in detail
about every possibility that the poster could have said but didn't.
Like whether they have an electric or gas water heater, or oil, gas,
or electric heat. So there's no incentive for the guy to think about
his problem first and post all the facts. It doesn't even have to be
first. Some people ask, Is the stove gas or electric? and often the
guy never posts back. I'm not as good-natured in these situations as
the ones who answer in detail even without getting a clear question.

And I also notice that no one other than hallerb and I have replied,
and like I implied, I don't think his response was right because he
didn't see your subject.

Instead, you've done
nothing but try to be a net nanny.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to fish and he'll
eat forever.

Which, if you haven't noticed,
has and will have little effect on my posting habits.

I've only read one more post from you.
And I can't notice the future.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Max Max is offline

On Sat, 05 May 2007 13:34:44 -0400, mm
graced this newsgroup with:

On Sat, 05 May 2007 10:19:41 -0400, Max wrote:

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to fish and he'll
eat forever.

Which, if you haven't noticed,
has and will have little effect on my posting habits.

I've only read one more post from you.
And I can't notice the future.

Please...save the tired old quotes for someone else. Also, just
because YOU, (and apparently only you), have some inept ability to
read and retain the subject line long enough to conprehend the rest of
the text, I'll chalk this up to you, once again, trying to be a self
appointed net nanny.

Also, I have yet to see you provide any substance whatsover to this
topic.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Max Max is offline

On Sat, 05 May 2007 13:34:44 -0400, mm
graced this newsgroup with:

On Sat, 05 May 2007 10:19:41 -0400, Max wrote:

I never said I read every single post, and I don't. For a variety of
reasons, I don't see subjects. I click on a thread based on any one
word in the subject and expect to see the rest of the topic explained
in the body. I choose a thread because it's as short or as long as
I'm interested in at the moment. I read posts consecutively, until I
get bored. I read posts consecutively at the bottom, where no one has
answered.

oh, and btw, you're using Agent 1.93. Which *always* shows the
subject line in the box separator above the text of the thread you
opened. So, either you're blind or don't know how to configure a
simple newsreader like Agent.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 05 May 2007 15:54:39 -0400, Max wrote:

On Sat, 05 May 2007 13:34:44 -0400, mm
graced this newsgroup with:

On Sat, 05 May 2007 10:19:41 -0400, Max wrote:

I never said I read every single post, and I don't. For a variety of
reasons, I don't see subjects. I click on a thread based on any one
word in the subject and expect to see the rest of the topic explained
in the body. I choose a thread because it's as short or as long as
I'm interested in at the moment. I read posts consecutively, until I
get bored. I read posts consecutively at the bottom, where no one has
answered.

oh, and btw, you're using Agent 1.93. Which *always* shows the
subject line in the box separator above the text of the thread you
opened. So, either you're blind or don't know how to configure a
simple newsreader like Agent.

It's there. But it's black with a grey backgound. I don't see it. I
stopped seeing it long ago.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Max Max is offline

On Sat, 05 May 2007 17:57:30 -0400, mm
graced this newsgroup with:

[...]

then this isn't a "global" problem. This is a problem with *your*
newsreader. Fix the problem instead of making everyone else work
around you.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 05 May 2007 19:30:48 -0400, Max wrote:

[...]

This doesn't mean I couldn't see it if I tried. I ignore it like I
ignore the ads on webpages. The full scope of the question should be
in the text box. Hallerb didn't answer your question, did he? That's
because you didn't include the details of your question in the text.

then this isn't a "global" problem. This is a problem with *your*
newsreader.

No it's not. That's the way it works. That's the way all of them
work from version 3 back to version .99 . I don't know remember if
version 4 is the same.

Fix the problem instead of making everyone else work
around you.

"Everyone else"! You're the unusual one who doesn't include the full
question in the text. There is a small number like you but less than
5%. Read the original posts here and you'll see what I mean.
Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On May 6, 12:49 am, mm wrote:
[...]

5%. Read the original posts here and you'll see what I mean.- Hide quoted text -

Now that you chidren are thru the diverter is under the spout on Delta
Meon and most other single handle taps. Depending on the age. This
should be covered under warranty and is not to diffulcult to do. If
you can,t do it take taps to local store they can probaly do it for
you.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Max Max is offline

On Sun, 06 May 2007 01:49:19 -0400, mm
graced this newsgroup with:

oh, and btw, you're using Agent 1.93. Which *always* shows the
subject line in the box separator above the text of the thread you
opened. So, either you're blind or don't know how to configure a
simple newsreader like Agent.

It's there. But it's black with a grey backgound. I don't see it. I
stopped seeing it long ago.

This doesn't mean I couldn't see it if I tried. I ignore it like I
ignore the ads on webpages. The full scope of the question should be
in the text box. Hallerb didn't answer your question, did he? That's
because you didn't include the details of your question in the text.

...then quit complaining. It's YOU that has the problem. No one else.

then this isn't a "global" problem. This is a problem with *your*
newsreader.

No it's not.

yes it is.

That's the way it works. That's the way all of them
work from version 3 back to version .99 . I don't know remember if
version 4 is the same.

No, that's NOT the way it works. I was a beta tester and a developer
for Agent for many years. I also use Agent, Many people use Agent.
I don't know any of the tens of thousands of users of Agent that's
everr had a problem with seeing the subject line in a pane border.

You just messed up your view and now you want everyone else to
work around your inability to properly fix it. Sorry, the world
doesn't revolve around you and your poblems.. Get used to it.

Fix the problem instead of making everyone else work
around you.

"Everyone else"! You're the unusual one who doesn't include the full
question in the text. There is a small number like you but less than
5%. Read the original posts here and you'll see what I mean.

Not really. continuing a sentence in a post is quite common. However,
it's not rocket science to:

1. comprehend a post that's posted in that manner.
2. configure your newsreader so it's not so difficult for you to read
a post properly.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Max Max is offline

On 6 May 2007 04:32:23 -0700, jim graced this
newsgroup with:

snip

Now that you chidren are thru the diverter is under the spout on Delta
Meon and most other single handle taps. Depending on the age. This
should be covered under warranty and is not to diffulcult to do. If
you can,t do it take taps to local store they can probaly do it for
you.

I actually found on the Moen site a blow up which shows where
the diverter is on my model.

Of course, HD doesn't stock that particular part. I'm going to try
Lowes today.

The diverter is located under the spout. The spout is unscrewed
and looking down into the hole after removing the faucet is the
diverter. I'm not exactly sure how to remove it and it seems
really wedged down in there.

However, why would only the COLD water be affected? The separate
pull out spray uses both hot and cold but only the cold shudders and
shuts off. Shouldn't both hot and cold water be affected by a bad
diverter?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 06 May 2007 07:35:21 -0400, Max wrote:

That's the way it works. That's the way all of them
work from version 3 back to version .99 . I don't know remember if
version 4 is the same.

No, that's NOT the way it works. I was a beta tester and a developer

And you don't think the subject line is in black letters with a grey
background. Oh, please.

for Agent for many years. I also use Agent, Many people use Agent.
I don't know any of the tens of thousands of users of Agent that's
everr had a problem with seeing the subject line in a pane border.

I didn't say it was a problem, did I? I don't see it because I don't
want to. It's a distraction. People should write a good post if they
want help. It's not rocket science to post well. Try it.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Max Max is offline

On Sun, 06 May 2007 15:54:10 -0400, mm
graced this newsgroup with:

On Sun, 06 May 2007 07:35:21 -0400, Max wrote:

That's the way it works. That's the way all of them
work from version 3 back to version .99 . I don't know remember if
version 4 is the same.

No, that's NOT the way it works. I was a beta tester and a developer

And you don't think the subject line is in black letters with a grey
background. Oh, please.

holy crap..you really *are* that stupid. Change you color scheme.

for Agent for many years. I also use Agent, Many people use Agent.
I don't know any of the tens of thousands of users of Agent that's
everr had a problem with seeing the subject line in a pane border.

I didn't say it was a problem, did I? I don't see it because I don't
want to. It's a distraction. People should write a good post if they
want help. It's not rocket science to post well. Try it.

I'm done with you. You can't figure out how to corrrect your Agent
problem , or as you say, don't want to (probably more like too lazy
to figure it out), so you want everyone else to work around your
ineptitude.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 06 May 2007 16:47:38 -0400, Max wrote:

On Sun, 06 May 2007 15:54:10 -0400, mm
graced this newsgroup with:

On Sun, 06 May 2007 07:35:21 -0400, Max wrote:

That's the way it works. That's the way all of them
work from version 3 back to version .99 . I don't know remember if
version 4 is the same.

No, that's NOT the way it works. I was a beta tester and a developer

And you don't think the subject line is in black letters with a grey
background. Oh, please.

holy crap..you really *are* that stupid. Change you color scheme.

You're so stubborn it simulates stupid. There is no color scheme for
the subject line above the text of the message.

for Agent for many years. I also use Agent, Many people use Agent.
I don't know any of the tens of thousands of users of Agent that's
everr had a problem with seeing the subject line in a pane border.

I didn't say it was a problem, did I? I don't see it because I don't
want to. It's a distraction. People should write a good post if they
want help. It's not rocket science to post well. Try it.

I'm done with you. You can't figure out how to corrrect your Agent
problem , or as you say, don't want to (probably more like too lazy
to figure it out), so you want everyone else to work around your
ineptitude.

I'm as ept as anyone. You're in the less than 5% who can't be
bothered to write a complete message and expect people to go look in
the subject line. In this case one could guess that some essential
fact was missing, but in other cases it's probably even more
misleading.