Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to best wash a large deck?

Is it best to do this after a day of rain, when all the dirt might be
loose, or is that asking for trouble with the wood being too soft?

(I've acquired a 13 HPDewalt pressure washer and am about to embark on
cleaning my (cedar) deck, which is 70' wide and about 12' deep. I was
planning to spray it down with deck cleaner I got at the big stores,
and then pressure wash it on wide angle.)

If anyone has any other recomendation or help, please let me know.

Thanks!

DeanB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 30, 9:02 am, dean wrote:
Is it best to do this after a day of rain, when all the dirt might be
loose, or is that asking for trouble with the wood being too soft?

(I've acquired a 13 HPDewalt pressure washer and am about to embark on
cleaning my (cedar) deck, which is 70' wide and about 12' deep. I was
planning to spray it down with deck cleaner I got at the big stores,
and then pressure wash it on wide angle.)

If anyone has any other recomendation or help, please let me know.

Thanks!

DeanB

Keep your distance with a pressure washer if you are inexperienced you
can actually damage your deck they are so powerful.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 30, 5:44 pm, Lawrence wrote:
On Apr 30, 9:02 am, dean wrote:

Is it best to do this after a day of rain, when all the dirt might be
loose, or is that asking for trouble with the wood being too soft?

(I've acquired a 13 HPDewalt pressure washer and am about to embark on
cleaning my (cedar) deck, which is 70' wide and about 12' deep. I was
planning to spray it down with deck cleaner I got at the big stores,
and then pressure wash it on wide angle.)

If anyone has any other recomendation or help, please let me know.

Thanks!

DeanB

Keep your distance with a pressure washer if you are inexperienced you
can actually damage your deck they are so powerful.

Right, that much I know. I was just wondering if the deck cleaners
work well or not, and whether to do this after a day of rain whe
nthings might be softened.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 30, 9:02 am, dean wrote:

Is it best to do this after a day of rain, when all the dirt might be
loose, or is that asking for trouble with the wood being too soft?

(I've acquired a 13 HPDewalt pressure washer and am about to embark on
cleaning my (cedar) deck, which is 70' wide and about 12' deep. I was
planning to spray it down with deck cleaner I got at the big stores,
and then pressure wash it on wide angle.)

If anyone has any other recomendation or help, please let me know.

Thanks!

DeanB

Keep your distance with a pressure washer if you are inexperienced you
can actually damage your deck they are so powerful.

Right, that much I know. I was just wondering if the deck cleaners
work well or not, and whether to do this after a day of rain whe
nthings might be softened.- Hide quoted text -

Unless your deck is very dirty you may be able to get buy without any
soap or detergent. This keep those products out of the ground water
which is worth considering. Since you own the machine why not try it
first without soap? If you don't like the results then try the
product of your choosing.