Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Looking for corrugated tin sheets

Does anyone know where I could find say, 6 sheets of this stuff? Google turns up zip.

BetsyB

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 16:54:21 -0400, "betsyb"
wrote:

Does anyone know where I could find say, 6 sheets of this stuff? Google turns up zip.

BetsyB

Try "Corrugated Metals" "Corrugated Steel" "Galvanized Corrugated
Roofing"
--
Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:08:40 -0400, "betsyb"
wrote:

Thanks so much. I get lost then I try embelish.

I grew up calling them a "tin" roof :-)

BetsyB

.. .
wrote:

Does anyone know where I could find say, 6 sheets of this stuff? Google
turns up zip.

BetsyB

Try "Corrugated Metals" "Corrugated Steel" "Galvanized Corrugated
Roofing"
--
Oren

Oren

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On Apr 28, 3:54 pm, "betsyb" wrote:
Does anyone know where I could find say, 6 sheets of this stuff? Google turns up zip.

Last time I was in one, HD had some in stock. Don't know about Lowes.

Look at any building supply or farm supply.

What you can't find is the really heavy "corrugated tin" that the
machine shed and other outbuildings here were built with. Of course,
w/ the price of metal these days, one wouldn't want to even consider
what it would cost if could...

Posted to alt.home.repair

I did the google search and there is virtually zip in the US. I could buy
from New Zealand but the shipping prevents this. I will go root out home
depot once more and Lowes too. I have been in both and thought I had seen
every aisle but I suppose it didn't register in my mind.

Thanks to all how helped.

--
"God has a plan for me. I don't know what that is, and I'm
not leaving until I find out."

BetsyB

"dpb" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 28, 3:54 pm, "betsyb" wrote:
Does anyone know where I could find say, 6 sheets of this stuff? Google
turns up zip.

Last time I was in one, HD had some in stock. Don't know about Lowes.

Look at any building supply or farm supply.

What you can't find is the really heavy "corrugated tin" that the
machine shed and other outbuildings here were built with. Of course,
w/ the price of metal these days, one wouldn't want to even consider
what it would cost if could...

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On Apr 29, 9:08 am, "betsyb" wrote:
I did the google search and there is virtually zip in the US. I could buy
from New Zealand but the shipping prevents this. I will go root out home
depot once more and Lowes too. I have been in both and thought I had seen
every aisle but I suppose it didn't register in my mind.

Forget google other than to look at stock of anybody who shows
building supplies online for local availability (and be aware many
don't show mundane building materials online as, obviously, shipping
for small quantities obviates the sense in trying to sell such
materials online).

Whether a local HD or Lowes will keep it in stock will depend in large
part, I suspect, on whether the locale is a major metro area or more
rural. I don't recall ever seeing it in Knoxville, TN, stores, but
noticed it was in the Garden City, KS, HD. As in the other thread on
a house, "location, location, location".

Look in the yellow pages in your local phone book for building
supplies and make a few phone calls. Again, a larger farm supply (not
knowing where you're located makes a particular name somewhat futile)
would be a prime candidate.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On Apr 29, 9:08 am, "betsyb" wrote:
I did the google search and there is virtually zip in the US. I could buy
from New Zealand but the shipping prevents this. I will go root out home
depot once more and Lowes too. I have been in both and thought I had seen
every aisle but I suppose it didn't register in my mind.

Thanks to all how helped.

--
"God has a plan for me. I don't know what that is, and I'm
not leaving until I find out."

BetsyB

"dpb" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Apr 28, 3:54 pm, "betsyb" wrote:
Does anyone know where I could find say, 6 sheets of this stuff? Google
turns up zip.

Last time I was in one, HD had some in stock. Don't know about Lowes.

Look at any building supply or farm supply.

What you can't find is the really heavy "corrugated tin" that the
machine shed and other outbuildings here were built with. Of course,
w/ the price of metal these days, one wouldn't want to even consider
what it would cost if could...

In addition, here's on manufacturer/distributor in the US w/ their
product line visible. If they're anywhere even close, could call them
and ask for distributor/retailers.

Here, in farming country, there are ad's in the paper daily from the
barn/shed-building people offering packages and material every day.
Less of a selection of cross-sections, perhaps, but easily accessible.

What are you looking for as usage would perhaps also narrow down some,
but I think you'll do best to just start looking locally at the non-
big-box building supply places.
http://www.mechanicalmetals.com/wallroof.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

betsyb wrote:
I did the google search and there is virtually zip in the US. I could
buy from New Zealand but the shipping prevents this. I will go root
out home depot once more and Lowes too. I have been in both and
thought I had seen every aisle but I suppose it didn't register in my
mind.
Thanks to all how helped.

Hint: They are not "tin," they are steel.

Posted to alt.home.repair

betsyb wrote:
I did the google search and there is virtually zip in the US. I could buy
from New Zealand but the shipping prevents this. I will go root out home
depot once more and Lowes too. I have been in both and thought I had seen
every aisle but I suppose it didn't register in my mind.

Thanks to all how helped.

Likely you will need to go to a real building supply store. Also there
is no tin involved. The typical material is galvanized steel.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Google ASC Pacific. Also, see if McEvoy is still in business, in
Victorville, or Bakersfield, Ca, IIRC.

You are not looking for "tin" sheets, but corrugated steel.

I used to be a steel erection contractor, and used to buy from ASC and
McEvoy. There are lots of what you want made in the US.

Check out local steel suppliers in your area. They might not stock them,
but be able to order them. Also check out roofers. Lots of people use
these for roofs.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

--
"God has a plan for me. I don't know what that is, and I'm
not leaving until I find out."

BetsyB

"dpb" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 29, 9:08 am, "betsyb" wrote:
I did the google search and there is virtually zip in the US. I could buy
from New Zealand but the shipping prevents this. I will go root out home
depot once more and Lowes too. I have been in both and thought I had seen
every aisle but I suppose it didn't register in my mind.

Thanks to all how helped.

--
"God has a plan for me. I don't know what that is, and I'm
not leaving until I find out."

BetsyB

"dpb" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Apr 28, 3:54 pm, "betsyb" wrote:
[...]

It will be used to extend the overhang on my driveway.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

On Apr 29, 12:48 pm, "betsyb" wrote:
--
"God has a plan for me. I don't know what that is, and I'm
not leaving until I find out."

BetsyB

"dpb" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Apr 29, 9:08 am, "betsyb" wrote:
I did the google search and there is virtually zip in the US. I could buy
from New Zealand but the shipping prevents this. I will go root out home
depot once more and Lowes too. I have been in both and thought I had seen
every aisle but I suppose it didn't register in my mind.

Thanks to all how helped.

--
"God has a plan for me. I don't know what that is, and I'm
not leaving until I find out."

BetsyB

"dpb" wrote in message

groups.com...

On Apr 28, 3:54 pm, "betsyb" wrote:
[...]

Do you have to match an existing pattern or is anything usable?
Painted, galvanized, galvalume, aluminum? Gauge? All pertinent
variables.

Tin [email protected] Metalworking 11 January 23rd 06 10:29 PM
what are tin cans, really? Grant Erwin Metalworking 8 April 11th 05 02:40 AM
Tin plating Spurtle Metalworking 12 March 14th 05 11:46 AM
Tin Plated FlakeBoard MilkyWhy Home Repair 1 January 13th 05 03:44 PM
Tin, where are you? That guy Metalworking 6 October 11th 03 05:42 PM