Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need identification of part

HI, I have an old portable phonograph and it worked fine, till I
messed around with an attached ac wire that gives it power. I shorted
and burnt the white connector. That is the part that I need to be
identified. It has a ground wire, a red, another reddish wire.
The connector itself is white..not unlike a power connector for a
computer to a hard drive...but obviously not the same. I can send a
picture to anyone who may be interested in helping me to
identify..but I don't think I can in this forum.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27 Apr 2007 12:34:44 -0700, Noel wrote:

HI, I have an old portable phonograph and it worked fine, till I
messed around with an attached ac wire that gives it power. I shorted
and burnt the white connector. That is the part that I need to be
identified. It has a ground wire, a red, another reddish wire.
The connector itself is white..not unlike a power connector for a
computer to a hard drive...but obviously not the same. I can send a
picture to anyone who may be interested in helping me to
identify..but I don't think I can in this forum.

Molex makes a lot of those type connectors.

Try www.partsexpress.com do a manufacturer search for Molex.

That site only has a few of the most common connectors. If they look
like the right thing but not exactly, you can go to Molex web site
www.molex.com

or any online distributor, like mouser or digikey.

Last time I looked, Radio shack also carried that particular line.

HTH,

Paul