Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need source for parts to repair Black and Decker under counter can opener

I have an EC60CAD can opener. Its no longer manufactured by BnD. I need
the part that actually holds the can in place while it is being opened.
Anyone know where I can find parts for this old dinosaur? Thanks.
Brian

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Brian O" wrote in message
I have an EC60CAD can opener. Its no longer manufactured by BnD. I need
the part that actually holds the can in place while it is being opened.
Anyone know where I can find parts for this old dinosaur? Thanks.
Brian

If you have lots of extra time you could shop for one at the local thrift
stores. I had a customer one time that brought in a GE clock radio with a
leaf clock. It was a keepsake from her deceased Aunt and she had to have it
repaired. Took me a week but I found four of them for a buck or two and was
able to repair her radio. I gave her a complete working spare in case she
need it repaired again

Al

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Brian O" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can find parts for this old dinosaur? Thanks.
Brian

You now have a good reason to go to China.

Or get one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Swing-Away-Ope.../dp/B0000505J0

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 01:32:11 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Brian O" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can find parts for this old dinosaur? Thanks.
Brian

You now have a good reason to go to China.

Or get one of these
http://www.amazon.com/Swing-Away-Ope.../dp/B0000505J0

That will work fine. No need for electric.

Easier yet is a wall can opener. I"ve been using a Swing-away, in the
closet, for the last 35 years. The first one I got used and free
somewhere, and now I'm on my second one. It's identical.

BTW, it's called Swing-away because the wall model swings away, back
to the wall.

Black & Decker charger repair [email protected] Home Repair 30 October 16th 20 07:36 PM
Where to get Black & Decker Parts ron_p@hot'o'mail.com Home Repair 4 April 2nd 07 09:30 PM
Parts source for Automatic Doorman garage door opener? [email protected] Home Repair 2 March 30th 06 12:47 AM
Black & Decker R. Wink Woodworking 1 December 21st 04 10:37 AM
(Found while surfing) Interesting, cheap source of parts, schematics, repair docs... ~^Johnny^~ Electronics Repair 8 December 18th 03 03:03 PM