Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pella vs Andersen

I have an estimate on Pella (through Costco) replace some windows --
and then the same day I got an flyer from "Renewal by Andersen." Can
anyone tell me how the two companies compare?

--
SML
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 15, 4:00 pm, (Sara Lorimer)
wrote:
I have an estimate on Pella (through Costco) replace some windows --
and then the same day I got an flyer from "Renewal by Andersen." Can
anyone tell me how the two companies compare?

--
SML

Compare ratings untill you know and understand them all, or you wont
know what you are buying. CDF is condensing factor and my Pellas are
crap, they condense sooner than Anderson I have in winter, so they
drip and the wood is starting to mold under the varnish-poly. Anderson
has great glass, but there is better if energy savings is your
objective. U - R values, air infiltration, CDF, VLT. are how products
are rated. If I was in the market it would be Tri pane, non metal
thermal break, and probably fiberglass.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 15, 4:00 pm, (Sara Lorimer)
wrote:
I have an estimate on Pella (through Costco) replace some windows --
and then the same day I got an flyer from "Renewal by Andersen." Can
anyone tell me how the two companies compare?

--
SML

Both companies are making good windows. Anderson has a fantastic
reputation. Look carefully at which Pella line you are being sold.
There is more than one. Their best lines compete with any brand.
Study the manufacturer websites in order to determine what the
different lines and price points are.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

I have Andersen and Pella windows in my home. The Andersen are vinyl clad
and the Pella aluminum clad on the outside. More important than brand is
problem flashing during installation. Visit both their sites and download
installation instructions and make the installation specs part of your
contract and fire the installer if they do not follow manufacturer's
instructions. The cheaper vinyl Pella windows were actually a made by a
company purchased by Pellas so they would have a cheap product to sell.
They are not as nice as real Pella windows available at Pella stores. I
prefer the aluminum clan pella over the vinyl clad Andersen because the
vinyl clad Andersen seem to suffer from sun damage on the south side of my
NC home. The cladding has yellowed and become hard with age.

"Sara Lorimer" wrote in message
news:1hwm6rq.8xby4n6mcxj4N%que.sara.saraDELETE@gma il.com...
I have an estimate on Pella (through Costco) replace some windows --
and then the same day I got an flyer from "Renewal by Andersen." Can
anyone tell me how the two companies compare?

--
SML

Renewal By Andersen Gary K. Home Repair 11 October 17th 06 02:15 PM
Low-e (low emissivity) Coatings On Andersen & Pella Glass Windows ? Robert11 Home Repair 3 August 19th 06 04:51 AM
Renewal by Andersen [email protected] Home Repair 6 June 14th 06 05:14 PM
Andersen vinyl windows Art Home Repair 4 February 22nd 06 04:19 AM
Pella vs Andersen Windows and installation Walter Cohen Home Repair 32 July 27th 04 12:35 PM