Maytag dishwasher will not work

Old April 7th 07, 11:41 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag dishwasher will not work

We have a 5 year old Maytag dishwasher, model MDBF750AWQ, that stopped
working.

No lights are lit on the panel, power is working at the junction box where
the dishwasher is wired into.

Any ideas where to look next? Perhaps the soft touch control panel is bad?

Thanx for any ideas.

Frank

Old April 7th 07, 11:58 PM posted to alt.home.repair
Joe

On Apr 7, 5:41 pm, "Frank from Deeetroit"
wrote:
We have a 5 year old Maytag dishwasher, model MDBF750AWQ, that stopped
working.

No lights are lit on the panel, power is working at the junction box where
the dishwasher is wired into.

Any ideas where to look next? Perhaps the soft touch control panel is bad?

Thanx for any ideas.

Frank

Starting at the control panel is not a good diagnostic technique.
While that might be the problem, it may also be upstream, like a poor
connection from the 120 V input. Do a logical voltage survey/check to
eliminate the simple things first. Then contact repairclinic.com or
other experts amd play the 'gottabe' game as they suggest. Good luck.

Joe

Old April 8th 07, 12:29 AM posted to alt.home.repair

oups.com...
wrote:
We have a 5 year old Maytag dishwasher, model MDBF750AWQ, that stopped
working.

No lights are lit on the panel, power is working at the junction box
where
the dishwasher is wired into.

Any ideas where to look next? Perhaps the soft touch control panel is
bad?

Thanx for any ideas.

Frank

Starting at the control panel is not a good diagnostic technique.
While that might be the problem, it may also be upstream, like a poor
connection from the 120 V input. Do a logical voltage survey/check to
eliminate the simple things first. Then contact repairclinic.com or
other experts amd play the 'gottabe' game as they suggest. Good luck.

Joe

I verified the power source and there is 120V going into the dishwasher.
Will check repairclinic.com. Thanx for your advice.

Old April 8th 07, 03:17 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 7, 6:29 pm, "Frank from Deeetroit"
wrote:

oups.com...

wrote:
[...]

Check the Maytag site for the recall list. I pitched my copy when mine
did not have all the right numbers, but you are in the right age
range. They also have a serious recall list for washing machines.

Dave Scudamore
Aroundtoit Handyman

Old April 8th 07, 02:53 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
We have a 5 year old Maytag dishwasher, model MDBF750AWQ, that stopped
working.

No lights are lit on the panel, power is working at the junction box where
the dishwasher is wired into.

Any ideas where to look next? Perhaps the soft touch control panel is bad?

Thanx for any ideas.

Frank

As one of our friends have suggested, the repairclinic.com site is
very helpful and even their service is great. I had a similar problem
with my Maytag dishwasher last year and thankfully, it turned out to
be faulty contact switches in the door of the dishwasher which are
easy to replace. The parts ordering is also very intuitive and the
shipment arrived in 2-3 days.

All the best for your situation...from the sounds of it, i think your
problem is also with the door switches.

Cheers,

Old April 8th 07, 09:16 PM posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Check the recall list. Also if it is a 3 level dishwasher, they are crap in
my experience and you are lucky it lasted 5 years.