Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacement battery for an alarm system in Markham, Ontario?

Hello,

I have a central alarm system and the backup battery got bad.
(the one I have now is E1250, a 12v 5ah sealed lead-acid)

Does anyone know who sells them in Markham, Ontario (Canada)?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Alex O." wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I have a central alarm system and the backup battery got bad.
(the one I have now is E1250, a 12v 5ah sealed lead-acid)

Does anyone know who sells them in Markham, Ontario (Canada)?

Thanks.

There are some shops that specialize in batteries but I don't know if they
are in your town. Youcan try www.mcmaster.com and go to page 706 to see if
one thee is what you want. Or do a Google search for battery suppliers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 9:09Â*pm, "Alex O." wrote:
Hello,

I have a central alarm system and the backup battery got bad.
(the one I have now is E1250, a 12v 5ah sealed lead-acid)

Does anyone know who sells them in Markham, Ontario (Canada)?

Thanks.

Battery Plus

Markville Shopping Centre •¬ map
5000 Highway 7, Unit 321A
Markham, Ontario
L3R 4M9

Telephone Number: 905-415-3962

E-mail Address: unavailable

Web Site: www.batteryplus.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 3, 6:00Â*am, Lawrence wrote:
On May 2, 9:09Â*pm, "Alex O." wrote:

Hello,

I have a central alarm system and the backup battery got bad.
(the one I have now is E1250, a 12v 5ah sealed lead-acid)

Does anyone know who sells them in Markham, Ontario (Canada)?

Thanks.

Â*Battery Plus

Markville Shopping Centre Â*•¬ map
5000 Highway 7, Unit 321A
Markham, Ontario
L3R 4M9

Telephone Number: Â*905-415-3962

E-mail Address: Â* unavailable

Web Site: Â*www.batteryplus.com

Commnents: Small motorcycle battery would probably be OK but cost
spacing and whether the built in charger would be suitable should be
checked!

How old was the battery? In light indoor service like that, where it
is basically kept 'floating' at full charge, until an emergency
occurs, one might think it should last for many years? Our hard used
winter and summer 1995 Japanese truck battery is now 12 years old and
although has reduced capacity due to age works OK down to temperatures
of minus 10 Celsius = about 12 degrees Fahrenheit.

BTW why did the battery fail? Age? Over-charging? Not charging at all?
Excessive heat? Power from AC supply failed, battery got discharged
and then was not recharged promptly? Etc. Other wise a new one may go
the same way?

A few thoughts anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair

How old was the battery? In light indoor service like that, where it
is basically kept 'floating' at full charge, until an emergency
occurs, one might think it should last for many years? Our hard used
winter and summer 1995 Japanese truck battery is now 12 years old and
although has reduced capacity due to age works OK down to temperatures
of minus 10 Celsius = about 12 degrees Fahrenheit.

I think it was just 2-3 years old.
I believe that the previous one did last for 10 years.

BTW why did the battery fail? Age? Over-charging? Not charging at all?
Excessive heat? Power from AC supply failed, battery got discharged
and then was not recharged promptly? Etc. Other wise a new one may go
the same way?

No idea. We did have a power outage of half a day.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2 May 2007 19:09:39 -0700, "Alex O."
wrote:

Hello,

I have a central alarm system and the backup battery got bad.
(the one I have now is E1250, a 12v 5ah sealed lead-acid)

Does anyone know who sells them in Markham, Ontario (Canada)?

Thanks.

Save yourself a bunch of money and just buy a 12v car battery.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hello,

I have a central alarm system and the backup battery got bad.
(the one I have now is E1250, a 12v 5ah sealed lead-acid)

Does anyone know who sells them in Markham, Ontario (Canada)?

Thanks.

Save yourself a bunch of money and just buy a 12v car battery.

You can get a car batter for less than US$15.00?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 10:09 pm, "Alex O." wrote:
Hello,

I have a central alarm system and the backup battery got bad.
(the one I have now is E1250, a 12v 5ah sealed lead-acid)

Does anyone know who sells them in Markham, Ontario (Canada)?

Thanks.

Ok. This isn't Markham but maybe it's not too far
for you to go. Matheson, 1 block west of dixie.small
strip plaza. about 5 electronics store. at least one of them
sells SLA batteries for cheap. 5AH should be 10 bucks.
There must be electronic stores in markham or agincourt.
....thehick

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hello,

I have a central alarm system and the backup battery got bad.
(the one I have now is E1250, a 12v 5ah sealed lead-acid)

Does anyone know who sells them in Markham, Ontario (Canada)?

Thanks.

Save yourself a bunch of money and just buy a 12v car battery.

That won't work. First the panel won't be able to keep a batt. that
big charged, and second it's way to big (physically) to fit inside the
alarm panel enclosure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Alex O. wrote:

Hello,

I have a central alarm system and the backup battery got bad.
(the one I have now is E1250, a 12v 5ah sealed lead-acid)

Does anyone know who sells them in Markham, Ontario (Canada)?

Do they have a Radio Shack there?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 3, 4:15 pm, thehick wrote:
On May 2, 10:09 pm, "Alex O." wrote:

Hello,

I have a central alarm system and the backup battery got bad.
(the one I have now is E1250, a 12v 5ah sealed lead-acid)

Does anyone know who sells them in Markham, Ontario (Canada)?

Thanks.

Ok. This isn't Markham but maybe it's not too far
for you to go. Matheson, 1 block west of dixie.small
strip plaza. about 5 electronics store. at least one of them
sells SLA batteries for cheap. 5AH should be 10 bucks.
There must be electronic stores in markham or agincourt.
...thehick

now i remember. any rc shop should have these batteries.
there's one on sheppard just east of kennedy on the north
side in a small plaza. kinda expensive tho. will that be close
enugh for you?
....thehick

Alarm system replacement Stubby Home Repair 11 November 4th 06 05:04 PM
Alarm battery F UK diy 16 September 30th 06 08:04 PM
alarm system battery back barry martin Home Repair 3 June 20th 04 07:48 AM
alarm system battery backup, battery replacement question Michael Baugh Home Repair 1 June 19th 04 03:35 PM
Installed new battery backup for home alarm Redtag UK diy 68 December 17th 03 09:41 AM