Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Scott Rotary Spreader Settings

What is it with this company? I buy a Scott brand rotary spreader back
in 2000 (its called the Easygreen 2000) but for the last couple of
years if I buy their fertilizer it doesn't even list my spreader on
the back of the bag! I thought by buying the Scott namebrand I could
at least have to avoid doing complex math to use my spreader properly!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 25, 9:41 am, "Jeffy3" wrote:
What is it with this company? I buy a Scott brand rotary spreader back
in 2000 (its called the Easygreen 2000) but for the last couple of
years if I buy their fertilizer it doesn't even list my spreader on
the back of the bag! I thought by buying the Scott namebrand I could
at least have to avoid doing complex math to use my spreader properly!

Buy someone elses fertilizer and check the bag before you buy it. I
have a Scotts SpeedyGreen spreader and almost always find it listed on
other bags of fertilizer. If not, I just load it up and adjust
visually.

BTW, I think the Scotts lawn products are very good, but way
overpriced compared to alternatives. Plus, they encourage over use of
fertilizer/weedkiller, etc. Basicly, with their 4 step marketing,
they tell you to put down weedkiller all over the whole lawn at a
certain time, even if you have 12 dandelions that could be easily and
more effectively spot treated. Not good for the environment and not
as effective against the weeds either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jeffy3 wrote:
What is it with this company? I buy a Scott brand rotary spreader back
in 2000 (its called the Easygreen 2000) but for the last couple of
years if I buy their fertilizer it doesn't even list my spreader on
the back of the bag! I thought by buying the Scott namebrand I could
at least have to avoid doing complex math to use my spreader properly!

I live only a few miles from Scotts. They are not the same company they
once were and like so many great companies corporate management is to blame.
What CEO is going to care what happens 15 years in the future? Get the
stock up high in the next three years because I will be leaving. After that
who cares.

I would also suggest that their fertilizing philosophy is based to sell
fertilizer not really take care of the grass. But that is another subject.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

They also have an interesting smoking policy. Stop or you are fired. I
hate cigarettes but I am not sure I buy into that.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Jeffy3 wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Art wrote:
They also have an interesting smoking policy. Stop or you are fired.
I hate cigarettes but I am not sure I buy into that.

I remember when that one came out. I am a non-smoker but I thought they
were over the top on that.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jeffy3 wrote:
What is it with this company? I buy a Scott brand rotary spreader back
in 2000 (its called the Easygreen 2000) but for the last couple of
years if I buy their fertilizer it doesn't even list my spreader on
the back of the bag! I thought by buying the Scott namebrand I could
at least have to avoid doing complex math to use my spreader properly!

Most of the lawn equip. companies have good stuff on the Internet. I
checked their website and found an Accu Green 2000, but not Easy Green.
The Accu instructions tell how to calibrate that one, and also have
800 number to call. Can email them, as well. I fooled with a Scott's
spreader when hubby was our condo building manager, and it wasn't too
touch. I'd be willing to bet they can send you something to help. The
instr. for Accu advise to set it on 6, line up something or other, dump
in the amount of product for 1000 sq. ft. and try spreading it over 1000
sq ft.; adjust as needed.

http://www.scotts.com/index.cfm/even...ts%2FSpreaders

http://www.scotts.com/media/media/pd...Hang%20Tag.pdf
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 17:55:39 -0400, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Art wrote:
They also have an interesting smoking policy. Stop or you are fired.
I hate cigarettes but I am not sure I buy into that.

I remember when that one came out. I am a non-smoker but I thought they
were over the top on that.

I"ve never smoked either, and I don't think I know anyone who does,
but I think in general there is more to this anti-smoking stuff than
protecting peopl'es health.

I think since it's no longer acceptable to pick on Blacks or Jews or
Indians or even homosexuals, people have a desire to pick on someone,
and they've chosen smokers. Because in a way, they can't defend
themselves. It's similar to the GEICO commercials where they say, "So
easy a caveman could do it", and in the commericals the Cavemen are
objecting, but unsuccessfully.

In Maryland last week, the wise legislature banned smoking at all bars
and restaurants in the state, including even private clubs like
veterans' halls, even if the members vote for it.

Oh, there is also a proposal to ban trans-fat at all restaurants. Not
only is there the desire to have a group to pick on but the general
desire to be powerful. When they say that power corrupts, it's not
just about accepting graft, it's about exerting power for its own
sake.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Art wrote:
[...]

In the case of employers telling employees that they cannot smoke if
they are employed there, the issue is healthcare costs. In every
instance I am aware of, when companies do this, they are paying for
the employees health insurance. Their rational is that if the
employees do not smoke, it lowers their cost for health insurance. On
that basis, it would seem the argument does have validity. I guess
they could offer an alternative, which is if you want to smoke, you're
going to pay the increased cost for your health insurance yourself.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...

In the case of employers telling employees that they cannot smoke if
they are employed there, the issue is healthcare costs. In every
instance I am aware of, when companies do this, they are paying for
the employees health insurance. Their rational is that if the
employees do not smoke, it lowers their cost for health insurance. On
that basis, it would seem the argument does have validity. I guess
they could offer an alternative, which is if you want to smoke, you're
going to pay the increased cost for your health insurance yourself.

But where do you stop? If you are fat you are fired? If you are skinny you
are fired? If you scuba dive you are fired? If you skydive you are fired?
All lead to higher health care costs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 25, 6:54 pm, Norminn wrote:
Jeffy3 wrote:
[...]

http://www.scotts.com/index.cfm/even...gory/category/...

http://www.scotts.com/media/media/pd...ls/AccuGreen20...

I emailed Scotts and here is their response...

***Thank you for contacting us concerning Scotts products. As always,
it is our goal to make sure that our customers are completely
satisfied with our products and services.

Mr. Reynolds, as the SpeedyGreen 2000 is a broadcast or rotary
spreader, you will want to use the setting provided for Scotts rotary
spreaders on the product bags.

If there is a Scotts product that does not offer this setting, please
provide me with the full name and UPC barcode number of the product
and I will attempt to locate the proper setting.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any additional
help to you. ***

Although it's not really worded very well (check out the second
sentence), it was somewhat helpful in that it says to follow the
instructions for the rotary spreaders. That's nice but the setting on
the bag says "3 1/2" but there is no such setting on my spreader.
It's just in whole numbers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

clipped

Although it's not really worded very well (check out the second
sentence), it was somewhat helpful in that it says to follow the
instructions for the rotary spreaders. That's nice but the setting on
the bag says "3 1/2" but there is no such setting on my spreader.
It's just in whole numbers.

I doubt that either number is precise enough to rely on. I would run
it on the lower number and see how enough product for 1,000 s.f. works
out. One old lawn tip I found long ago suggested that you set apreader
for half the desired coverage and then do two applications, the second
going across the first like cross mowing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 27, 2:52 pm, Norminn wrote:
clipped

Although it's not really worded very well (check out the second
sentence), it was somewhat helpful in that it says to follow the
instructions for the rotary spreaders. That's nice but the setting on
the bag says "3 1/2" but there is no such setting on my spreader.
It's just in whole numbers.

I doubt that either number is precise enough to rely on. I would run
it on the lower number and see how enough product for 1,000 s.f. works
out. One old lawn tip I found long ago suggested that you set apreader
for half the desired coverage and then do two applications, the second
going across the first like cross mowing.

The 3 1/2 setting is obtained by setting the dial on the handle
between 3 and 4. That's how my Scotts broadcast spreader works. Not
exactly rocket science.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jeffy3 wrote:
[...]

I have one of those spreaders. It just has whole numbers, but there's
nothing there to prevent intermediate settings.

BTW, 3 1/2 is between 3 and 4.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word
in the Gospels in praise of intelligence."
--Bertrand Russell
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 27 Mar 2007 10:54:46 -0700, "Jeffy3" wrote:

Although it's not really worded very well (check out the second
sentence), it was somewhat helpful in that it says to follow the
instructions for the rotary spreaders. That's nice but the setting on
the bag says "3 1/2" but there is no such setting on my spreader.
It's just in whole numbers.

You're being funny, right?

Posted to alt.home.repair

This is the suggested way of spraying colored finishes, same pattern
encourages dark stripes.

clipped