Posted to alt.home.repair

Default drywall to wood transition

What's the normal drywall to wood transition done with? By that I mean when
drywall finishes/ends at a wood beam for instance so that you have ehhh
I'll have to go with a picture this is too complicated to describe

http://photos.imageevent.com/eigenve...e/P3230097.JPG
http://photos.imageevent.com/eigenve...e/P3230098.JPG

Bad drywalling aside, where drywall ends and wood begins how is it normally
transitioned? I'm thinking corner trim moulding, but are there other
alternatives?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Eigenvector wrote:

What's the normal drywall to wood transition done with? By that I mean when
drywall finishes/ends at a wood beam for instance so that you have ehhh
I'll have to go with a picture this is too complicated to describe

http://photos.imageevent.com/eigenve...e/P3230097.JPG
http://photos.imageevent.com/eigenve...e/P3230098.JPG

Bad drywalling aside, where drywall ends and wood begins how is it normally
transitioned? I'm thinking corner trim moulding, but are there other
alternatives?

Plastic "J" bead is commonly used as a finish cap on a drywall edge, be
it exposed or butted against another material. It's paintable to match
the drywall.

Pete C.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pete C." wrote in message
Eigenvector wrote:

What's the normal drywall to wood transition done with? By that I mean
when
drywall finishes/ends at a wood beam for instance so that you have ehhh
I'll have to go with a picture this is too complicated to describe

http://photos.imageevent.com/eigenve...e/P3230097.JPG
http://photos.imageevent.com/eigenve...e/P3230098.JPG

Bad drywalling aside, where drywall ends and wood begins how is it
normally
transitioned? I'm thinking corner trim moulding, but are there other
alternatives?

Plastic "J" bead is commonly used as a finish cap on a drywall edge, be
it exposed or butted against another material. It's paintable to match
the drywall.

Pete C.

Oh you mean an endcap that goes over the drywall. I hadn't thought of that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Eigenvector wrote:

What's the normal drywall to wood transition done with?

Google "drywall beads". You'll find all sorts of varieties for
different applications.

Posted to alt.home.repair
3G 3G is offline

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
| Eigenvector wrote:
|
| What's the normal drywall to wood transition done with?
|
| Google "drywall beads". You'll find all sorts of varieties for
| different applications.

what ...............no link
what the heck Retardo
you must be slippin
why answer with the obvious search term?
it is senseless.................just like you.

to the OP
j-bead is what you want
http://www.trim-tex.com/catalog/jbeads.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

"3G" wrote in message ...

"RicodJour" wrote in message
oups.com...
| Eigenvector wrote:
|
| What's the normal drywall to wood transition done with?
|
| Google "drywall beads". You'll find all sorts of varieties for
| different applications.

what ...............no link
what the heck Retardo
you must be slippin
why answer with the obvious search term?
it is senseless.................just like you.

to the OP
j-bead is what you want
http://www.trim-tex.com/catalog/jbeads.htm

Yeah the more I think about it the more obvious that solution becomes.
Basically its an end cap for the drywall sheet to prevent the drywall from
crumbling with age or absorbing water from the air. It's actually even
nicer because it helps hold the drywall together when you have to put screws
into it close to the edge. Normally that isn't a problem when you have two
sheets butted up against each other, the tape and the mud will keep it
intact. But on the outside edge you don't have anything to keep it from
pushing out/buckling under the screw. The J channel would give it some
structure and keep the drywall protected.