Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rusting bathroom baseboards

3 boys in the house and the baseboard is only a few inches from the side of
the toilet = splahed urine and rusty baseboard. I have painted these before
with Rustoleum spray, but it only looked good for a short time. Is there
another type of paint, or maybe a clearcoat I could use to stop this?

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.konhaber.com/?syf=yzr&yzr=r95L6SeBuh

Posted to alt.home.repair

You need to first remove all previous paint. Then sand it until there
is no rust. Fix any defects with Bondo scratch filler. Then prime
with oil based primer (like Rustoleum). Put as many costs on until
you can't see the metal. Then paint, with Rustoleum oil based paint.
Rustoleum is the best paint I've ever used, and I would paint a car
with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"KenDoo" wrote in message
3 boys in the house and the baseboard is only a few inches from the side of
the toilet = splahed urine and rusty baseboard. I have painted these
before with Rustoleum spray, but it only looked good for a short time. Is
there another type of paint, or maybe a clearcoat I could use to stop this?

Boys will be boys. Talk to them in any case as you have to take them to
public places and other folks' homes.

Now, if you prepare the baseboards (sanding and or steel wool) and prime
them and then paint them, they will hold up for years unless they are
rusting through from the back.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:11:33 -0400, "KenDoo" wrote:

3 boys in the house and the baseboard is only a few inches from the side of
the toilet = splahed urine and rusty baseboard. I have painted these before
with Rustoleum spray, but it only looked good for a short time. Is there
another type of paint, or maybe a clearcoat I could use to stop this?

they'll just mess it up again. Wait until they are 25.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message
. ..

"KenDoo" wrote in message
3 boys in the house and the baseboard is only a few inches from the side
of the toilet = splahed urine and rusty baseboard. I have painted these
before with Rustoleum spray, but it only looked good for a short time. Is
there another type of paint, or maybe a clearcoat I could use to stop
this?

Boys will be boys. Talk to them in any case as you have to take them to
public places and other folks' homes.

Now, if you prepare the baseboards (sanding and or steel wool) and prime
them and then paint them, they will hold up for years unless they are
rusting through from the back.

Metal baseboards? Never seen that, ever- only wood or vinyl. Or are you
talking about baseboard heater outlets? If that, I'd just replace them, once
the boys are old enough to aim.

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sand them down, treat them with rust-fixer (I forget the brand name,
it is sold in auto stores - you brush it on and anywhere there is a
trace of rust turns black).
Then prime and paint. In my experience this fix will last at least 5
years.

Vin - On-line old maps for genealogical, local history, real estate
and gold claims research at http://MenotomyMaps.com

On Mar 19, 8:04 pm, "aemeijers" wrote:
"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

. ..

.. .

Rusting chrome radiator Steve UK diy 6 November 6th 06 05:53 PM
Intentionally rusting metal... Jerry Foster Metalworking 31 February 8th 06 03:47 AM
rusting Orange Electronics Repair 6 December 19th 03 05:50 PM
rusting Orange Electronics Repair 4 December 10th 03 07:35 PM
Rusting hand tools Billy V Metalworking 37 November 14th 03 07:53 PM