Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Smoke Detector's Light (Blinking Green)

Hi All,

I have 6 smoke detectors at home, and noticed that 4 of them had a
blinking green light. I thought the problem was battery, so I got some
brand new 9v batteries and replaced them on the 4 blinking ones.

The problem is, even after I replaced them, they keep blinking
(green), and sometimes do a soft beep.

- Does anyone know what a green blinking light means?
- How can I check the manufacturer? It doesn't say anything around it,
maybe I should open and check inside.

These smoke detectors are only 2 years old, they were put by the
builder, so I don't think I should replace them, right?

Thanks in advance,

R. Medeiros

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 16, 10:18 am, wrote:
Hi All,

I have 6 smoke detectors at home, and noticed that 4 of them had a
blinking green light. I thought the problem was battery, so I got some
brand new 9v batteries and replaced them on the 4 blinking ones.

The problem is, even after I replaced them, they keep blinking
(green), and sometimes do a soft beep.

- Does anyone know what a green blinking light means?
- How can I check the manufacturer? It doesn't say anything around it,
maybe I should open and check inside.

These smoke detectors are only 2 years old, they were put by the
builder, so I don't think I should replace them, right?

Thanks in advance,

R. Medeiros

The green blink is to let you know everything is "ok".

The soft beep (or 'chirp') is to let you know the battery is low.

If these are also wired for 110V power, the ones that you replaced the
battery in that are chirping might have the battery making poor
contact.

Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

The blinking light will mean different things to different makes and models.
Separate the unit from its base, and where the jack attaches to the unit it
should have the make and model. Look it up on the net to find out what it
means. Generally there will be an audible sound, like a chirp every 45
seconds to let you know that the battery is low

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi All,

I have 6 smoke detectors at home, and noticed that 4 of them had a
blinking green light. I thought the problem was battery, so I got some
brand new 9v batteries and replaced them on the 4 blinking ones.

The problem is, even after I replaced them, they keep blinking
(green), and sometimes do a soft beep.

- Does anyone know what a green blinking light means?
- How can I check the manufacturer? It doesn't say anything around it,
maybe I should open and check inside.

These smoke detectors are only 2 years old, they were put by the
builder, so I don't think I should replace them, right?

Thanks in advance,

R. Medeiros

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

In article . com,
says...
Hi All,

I have 6 smoke detectors at home, and noticed that 4 of them had a
blinking green light. I thought the problem was battery, so I got some
brand new 9v batteries and replaced them on the 4 blinking ones.

Are you sure the builder didn't leave the owners manuals around
somewhere? I'm the second owner, and I don't think I have the manaual
for my smoke alarm, but I do have the manual for the bathroom fan, the
range hood, the water heater that was first in, the furnace, the AC,
plus all the appliances the first owner bought.

Maybe your manual is somehwere in that stack.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 16, 10:54 am, mm wrote:
In article . com,
says...
Hi All,

I have 6 smoke detectors at home, and noticed that 4 of them had a
blinking green light. I thought the problem was battery, so I got some
brand new 9v batteries and replaced them on the 4 blinking ones.

Are you sure the builder didn't leave the owners manuals around
somewhere? I'm the second owner, and I don't think I have the manaual
for my smoke alarm, but I do have the manual for the bathroom fan, the
range hood, the water heater that was first in, the furnace, the AC,
plus all the appliances the first owner bought.

Maybe your manual is somehwere in that stack.

Hi all, Thanks for your answers.

I just replaced the batteries today, and about half hour after I did
that they stopped making the noise.
But as soon as I get home I will make sure to check the contact, to
check if thay are making poor contact (as per Dave).
I will also follow RBM's advice and check the maker/model and look it
up on the net to see what they say.
J., I think you are right, because the alarm was triggered 1 month
ago, and only after that I have been noticing the blinking. However I
don't see any Reset Button, there are 2 buttons: "Hush", and "Push and
Hold to Test".
Mm, I did check all the manuals from the house appliances, sprinkler
timer, AC unit, refrigerator, range, microwave, etc. I keep them in a
specific folder, so when I sell the house I can pass that on. But the
Smoke Detector wasn't there.

Again, thanks to all the answers, I will keep you guys posted.

R. Medeiros

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just like traffic lights, green means GO. You are supposed to GO OUT
OF THE HOUSE, because your house is on fire. By the time you read
this message your house will be burnt to the ground, and you'll be
dead. so there is no reason to post further details.

I should note that fires occur all the time throughout the world, and
people die every day too. Therefore this is no big deal, and you will
not make history.

I'll see you at the judgement station......
ALL ABOARD !!!!!

GOD

--------------------

On 16 Mar 2007 07:18:37 -0700, wrote:

Hi All,

I have 6 smoke detectors at home, and noticed that 4 of them had a
blinking green light. I thought the problem was battery, so I got some
brand new 9v batteries and replaced them on the 4 blinking ones.

The problem is, even after I replaced them, they keep blinking
(green), and sometimes do a soft beep.

- Does anyone know what a green blinking light means?
- How can I check the manufacturer? It doesn't say anything around it,
maybe I should open and check inside.

These smoke detectors are only 2 years old, they were put by the
builder, so I don't think I should replace them, right?

Thanks in advance,

R. Medeiros

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to rafaelmedeiros, Jonathan wrote:
rafaelmedeiros wrote:

[...]

Just hold the test/reset button for about 5 seconds till you heat a long
chirp. It should stop blinking green. The green is just an indicator of
which one went off

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Jonathan, Erin C wrote:
Thank you soooo much!!!! One of our smoke alarms has been beeping every day
for a month and we just couldn't figure it out!!!!

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...en-203358-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Jonathan, Elaine wrote:
Thank you, Jonathan! We were having the same problem. Changing the battery
didn't help, but holding down the test/reset button for 5 seconds fixed the
problem. It was LOUD, but it worked! Thanks

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...en-203358-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Elaine, Harsh Mishra wrote:
Is there any types of light blinking (like-green,red, etc)arrangements
available in any kind of smoke detectors?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...en-203358-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Jonathan, Morgan wrote:
After a storm last night, my smoke alarms went off (beeped 3 times with very
loud sound) and noticed that 2 of the 6 were blinking green. I just replaced
all of them a month ago so I didn't think it was the battery. After holding
the test/reset button for 5 seconds, the blinking green light stopped. So I
want to thank you for posting your reply. It was very helpful!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...en-203358-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 03:14:02 GMT, Morgan
m wrote:

replying to Jonathan, Morgan wrote:
After a storm last night, my smoke alarms went off (beeped 3 times with very
loud sound) and noticed that 2 of the 6 were blinking green. I just replaced
all of them a month ago so I didn't think it was the battery. After holding
the test/reset button for 5 seconds, the blinking green light stopped. So I
want to thank you for posting your reply. It was very helpful!

Johnathan even saved 37 gerbils by making sure his detectors worked.

Test them. Pushing the test button will synchronize inter-connected
devices and alarm during the test. But still, test stand-alone units
via the test button.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

m wrote:

replying to Jonathan, Morgan wrote:
After a storm last night, my smoke alarms went off (beeped 3 times with very
loud sound) and noticed that 2 of the 6 were blinking green. I just replaced
all of them a month ago so I didn't think it was the battery. After holding
the test/reset button for 5 seconds, the blinking green light stopped. So I
want to thank you for posting your reply. It was very helpful!

Johnathan even saved 37 gerbils by making sure his detectors worked.

Test them. Pushing the test button will synchronize inter-connected
devices and alarm during the test. But still, test stand-alone units
via the test button.

Give it a test tickle.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

m wrote:

replying to Jonathan, Morgan wrote:
After a storm last night, my smoke alarms went off (beeped 3 times with very
loud sound) and noticed that 2 of the 6 were blinking green. I just replaced
all of them a month ago so I didn't think it was the battery. After holding
the test/reset button for 5 seconds, the blinking green light stopped. So I
want to thank you for posting your reply. It was very helpful!

Johnathan even saved 37 gerbils by making sure his detectors worked.

Test them. Pushing the test button will synchronize inter-connected
devices and alarm during the test. But still, test stand-alone units
via the test button.

Give it a test tickle.

"... what is good is the front end if you don't have the back end"--
Kimberly Guilfoyle

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Erin C, Tiff wrote:
You let it go off a month without any research as to why?? Thats insane!!
The chirping is loud, annoying and a day is long enough! Wow....

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...en-203358-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 03:44:03 GMT, Tiff
m wrote:

replying to Erin C, Tiff wrote:
You let it go off a month without any research as to why?? That’s insane!!
The chirping is loud, annoying and a day is long enough! Wow....

My dog has sensitive ears. Gets made about high pitch noises. Do you
have cats?
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Tekkie®, Teresa wrote:
Hi Tekkie, mine is a fireangel st620. I didnt install it, it was here when
I bought my house. It flashes red normally but occasionally flashes green and
chirps occasionally, usually when Im trying to get to sleep. Shall I
replace it as the batteries are built into the unit.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...en-203358-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Teresa posted for all of us...

replying to Tekkie®, Teresa wrote:
Hi Tekkie, mine is a fireangel st620. I didn¤?t install it, it was here when
I bought my house. It flashes red normally but occasionally flashes green and
chirps occasionally, usually when I¤?m trying to get to sleep. Shall I
replace it as the batteries are built into the unit.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...en-203358-.htm

I don't remember seeing your post and not familiar with your unit but I'll
give it a whirl. I presume the green light means the batteries are okay.
Replace the battery when the time changes so you have a landmark. This
detector MAY be connected to others, so be forewarned. You could also call
the local firehouse nonemergency number and ask them. They usually have
detectors for free and will install it if asked.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Tekkie® wrote:

Teresa posted for all of us...

replying to Tekkie®, Teresa wrote:
Hi Tekkie, mine is a fireangel st620. I didn¤?t install it, it was here
when
I bought my house. It flashes red normally but occasionally flashes green
and
chirps occasionally, usually when I¤?m trying to get to sleep. Shall I
replace it as the batteries are built into the unit.

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ht-blinking-gr
een-203358-.htm

I don't remember seeing your post and not familiar with your unit but I'll
give it a whirl. I presume the green light means the batteries are okay.
Replace the battery when the time changes so you have a landmark. This
detector MAY be connected to others, so be forewarned. You could also call
the local firehouse nonemergency number and ask them. They usually have
detectors for free and will install it if asked.

The battery can probably be changed by a technician. The cost of
changing it is probably higher than the price of a new smoke detector.

The chirping indicates a problem. In addition to trouble with the smoke
detector, it might be warning you that there is a nearby source of smoke.

Reference https://www.fireangel.co.uk/products/st-620.

Fred

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to rafaelmedeiros, pbriggs wrote:
Was away from home and one of the alarms briefly came on- said fire fire and
then went off. How do we know which one it was? There is a blinking red
light and a steady green light on one of the alarms

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...en-203358-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 7:14:06 PM UTC-5, pbriggs wrote:
replying to rafaelmedeiros, pbriggs wrote:
Was away from home and one of the alarms briefly came on- said fire fire and
then went off. How do we know which one it was? There is a blinking red
light and a steady green light on one of the alarms
--

You're too late. 10 years ago, rafaelmedeiros was abducted by Giant Mutant Gerbils From Outer Space. The Air Force was unable to intercept the flying saucer and it's feared that rafaelmedeiros was used as a sex slave before the Giant Mutant Space Gerbils ate him. It was a tragic loss for his family and friends. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster