Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas Furnace problem:no flame, fan runs

My gas furnace has developed this nasty habit:
Some mornings we wake up to find no heat, but the furnace fan running
continuously.
Even when I turn off the furnace at the thermostat, the fan continues
to run.
If I cut power to the furnace (I usually just pull the door off), and
then back on,
the furnace will fire up and run normally. This has happened about
four times this winter.

Any ideas?

thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 6, 12:54 pm, wrote:
My gas furnace has developed this nasty habit:
Some mornings we wake up to find no heat, but the furnace fan running
continuously.
Even when I turn off the furnace at the thermostat, the fan continues
to run.
If I cut power to the furnace (I usually just pull the door off), and
then back on,
the furnace will fire up and run normally. This has happened about
four times this winter.

Any ideas?

thanks!

A couple of possibilities: repairclinic.com (great on appliances,
don't know about furnaces) and arnoldservicecom that specializes in
furnace matters. Odds are the folks at Arnolds will have the expertise
and parts to get you going quickly. Good luck.

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
My gas furnace has developed this nasty habit:
Some mornings we wake up to find no heat, but the furnace fan running
continuously.
Even when I turn off the furnace at the thermostat, the fan continues
to run.
If I cut power to the furnace (I usually just pull the door off), and
then back on,
the furnace will fire up and run normally. This has happened about
four times this winter.

Any ideas?

The thermostat is one possibility and another is the controller in the
furnace.

Posted to alt.home.repair
pj pj is offline

Could be the igniter. I had the same thing happen 3 times, then had the
furnace replaced.
-- pj

In article , "Charles Schuler"
wrote: