Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bed bugs

I found 2 bed bugs in my sheets. And a small nest in the side of the mattress.

Looking for DIY methods of killing the fuc***s.

Thanks,

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2018 at 7:28:02 AM, Andy wrote:

I found 2 bed bugs in my sheets. And a small nest in the side of the
mattress.

Looking for DIY methods of killing the fuc***s.

diatomaceous earth

https://www.zappbug.com/get-rid-of-b...maceous-earth/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 May 2018 07:28:02 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

I found 2 bed bugs in my sheets.
And a small nest in the side of the mattress.
Looking for DIY methods of killing the fuc***s.
Thanks,
Andy

https://pestcontrolcanada.com/how-to...d-of-bed-bugs/

https://www.bedbugs.umn.edu/bed-bug-...-in-residences

Posted to alt.home.repair

I found 2 bed bugs in my sheets. And a small nest in the side of the
mattress.
Looking for DIY methods of killing the fuc***s.

diatomaceous earth

https://www.zappbug.com/get-rid-of-b...maceous-earth/

" the best use of diatomaceous earth is alongside heat treatment and
- __ the rest of the 8-step process __ " !

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 10:56:00 AM UTC-4, Dove Tail wrote:
On 5/23/2018 at 7:28:02 AM, Andy wrote:

I found 2 bed bugs in my sheets. And a small nest in the side of the
mattress.

Looking for DIY methods of killing the fuc***s.

diatomaceous earth

https://www.zappbug.com/get-rid-of-b...maceous-earth/

SAFETY PRECAUTIONS: You will want to wear a dust mask when spreading DE because getting any fine particulate matter in your lungs is not a good idea. To reduce the risk of inhaling dangerous particles make sure that the diatomaceous earth you are using is pesticide grade, not pool grade, and that it is just diatomaceous earth (without any insecticides added in).

Disclaimer: Diatomaceous Earth can be dangerous if inhaled. Please consult the MSDS before using diatomaceous earth:MSDS version one, MSDS version two, and consult any safety sheets or instructions provided by the supplier of diatomaceous earth. Always exercise caution when applying diatomaceous earth. If you have any concerns consult with a physician before applying diatomaceous earth. Always avoid pool grade diatomaceous earth.

What great advice. Spread fine dust around the house, where their
own instructions warn that inhaling the dust is dangerous. No DE
in my house, that's for sure. None of that hippie DE, natural crap
that's going to give me lung cancer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2018 10:28 AM, Andy wrote:
I found 2 bed bugs in my sheets. And a small nest in the side of the mattress.

Looking for DIY methods of killing the fuc***s.

Thanks,

Andy

Be sure to check carpet and clothing too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 May 2018 14:55:56 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"
wrote:

On 5/23/2018 at 7:28:02 AM, Andy wrote:

I found 2 bed bugs in my sheets. And a small nest in the side of the
mattress.

Looking for DIY methods of killing the fuc***s.

diatomaceous earth

https://www.zappbug.com/get-rid-of-b...maceous-earth/

We use food grade DE quite extensively around our property and home.
It is a safe and effective barrier against ants, it kills fleas in the
carpet and we also mix a level teaspoon in a glass of water every
couple of months and drink it as it will kill intestinal parasites. I
keep the cat's food bowls in the garage and every couple of months I
sprinkle some DE on the floor under the bowls and we never get ants.

Our neighbors use it in the feed for their livestock (goats, llamas,
etc).

When we use it in the house, we sprinkle it with a wire strainer,
there is no cloud of dust. When we broom it into the little bit of
carpet that we have, I wear a cheap paper mask, but never see any
airborne particles.

As with any fine particulate, if you inhale clouds of it, you might
end up with a problem, however, it takes a lot of effort to create a
dust cloud of DE.

DE is a fantastic product with lots of uses. We have never had bed
bugs, but, if we did, DE would be my go to product. Certainly far
safer than any kind of chemical pesticide.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 May 2018 11:02:58 -0400, wrote:

I found 2 bed bugs in my sheets. And a small nest in the side of the
mattress.
Looking for DIY methods of killing the fuc***s.

diatomaceous earth

https://www.zappbug.com/get-rid-of-b...maceous-earth/

" the best use of diatomaceous earth is alongside heat treatment and
- __ the rest of the 8-step process __ " !

I'd not use the DE used for pool filters, use food grade DE. The pool
DE has been heated which takes the microscopic sharp edges off.

Use a bellows duster:

https://www.amazon.com/Bellows-Hand-Duster-BHD001-Anteater/dp/B004FBKLZE
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2018 10:28 AM, Andy wrote:
I found 2 bed bugs in my sheets. And a small nest in the side of the mattress.

Looking for DIY methods of killing the fuc***s.

Thanks,

Andy

These people sell everything for pests, home and garden:

https://www.domyown.com/

You can check, but I think some exterminators heat the room to a hellish
temperature to kill bed bugs since stuff that worked in the past like
DDT were banned.

I know nothing about the domyown people but did get some crabgrass
premerg from them and they ship for free.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2018 11:04 AM, trader_4 wrote:

What great advice. Spread fine dust around the house, where their
own instructions warn that inhaling the dust is dangerous. No DE
in my house, that's for sure. None of that hippie DE, natural crap
that's going to give me lung cancer.

When I was in England, I experimented with diatomaceous earth a time or two and didn't like it, I didn't inhale and never tried it again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 11:54:38 AM UTC-5, slick willy wrote:
On 5/23/2018 11:04 AM, trader_4 wrote:

What great advice. Spread fine dust around the house, where their
own instructions warn that inhaling the dust is dangerous. No DE
in my house, that's for sure. None of that hippie DE, natural crap
that's going to give me lung cancer.

When I was in England, I experimented with diatomaceous earth a time or two and didn't like it, I didn't inhale and never tried it again.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 May 2018 12:51:00 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

You can check, but I think some exterminators heat the room to a hellish
temperature to kill bed bug

I've read that heat is the most effective and it needs to be hot,
temps held for some long period.

Imagine what the heat does to wooden furniture?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/2018 1:47 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2018 12:51:00 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

You can check, but I think some exterminators heat the room to a hellish
temperature to kill bed bug

I've read that heat is the most effective and it needs to be hot,
temps held for some long period.

Imagine what the heat does to wooden furniture?

Not real hot - above 117 degrees F

https://www.terminix.com/blog/scienc...d-of-bed-bugs/

I did not google to far to get all info but am amused to see bed bug
heaters offered for sale.

https://thermalflowtech.com/equipmen...egory=23836606

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 23 May 2018 13:58:47 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 5/23/2018 1:47 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2018 12:51:00 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

You can check, but I think some exterminators heat the room to a hellish
temperature to kill bed bug

I've read that heat is the most effective and it needs to be hot,
temps held for some long period.

Imagine what the heat does to wooden furniture?

Not real hot - above 117 degrees F

https://www.terminix.com/blog/scienc...d-of-bed-bugs/

I did not google to far to get all info but am amused to see bed bug
heaters offered for sale.

https://thermalflowtech.com/equipmen...egory=23836606

"Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite."

My understanding is/was the high temps had to be sustained over some
time to be effective. Isolated one room or the whole house.

Bed bugs are in the desert, reaching 117°F. Strike a match. That will
burn 'em out
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, May 23, 2018 at 12:59:21 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 5/23/2018 1:47 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2018 12:51:00 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

You can check, but I think some exterminators heat the room to a hellish
temperature to kill bed bug

I've read that heat is the most effective and it needs to be hot,
temps held for some long period.

Imagine what the heat does to wooden furniture?

Not real hot - above 117 degrees F

https://www.terminix.com/blog/scienc...d-of-bed-bugs/

I did not google to far to get all info but am amused to see bed bug
heaters offered for sale.

https://thermalflowtech.com/equipmen...egory=23836606

After I did a thorough vacuuming, I used a heat gun over mattress and box springs.

I also used a Harris Bed Bug treatment kit.
It is working well...driving out the hidden bugs which are dying.

Sprinked DIATOMACEOUS EARTH everywhere and used 2 different sprays.

Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren posted for all of us...

On 5/23/2018 1:47 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2018 12:51:00 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

You can check, but I think some exterminators heat the room to a hellish
temperature to kill bed bug

I've read that heat is the most effective and it needs to be hot,
temps held for some long period.

Imagine what the heat does to wooden furniture?

Not real hot - above 117 degrees F

https://www.terminix.com/blog/scienc...d-of-bed-bugs/

I did not google to far to get all info but am amused to see bed bug
heaters offered for sale.

https://thermalflowtech.com/equipmen...egory=23836606

"Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite."

My understanding is/was the high temps had to be sustained over some
time to be effective. Isolated one room or the whole house.

Bed bugs are in the desert, reaching 117°F. Strike a match. That will
burn 'em out

Flamethrower?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Andy wrote:
I found 2 bed bugs in my sheets. And a small nest in the side of the mattress.

Looking for DIY methods of killing the fuc***s.

Thanks,

Andy

Get some of the spray at Dollar General. For bedbugs and ticks.
Inexpensive.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2018 12:51:00 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

You can check, but I think some exterminators heat the room to a hellish
temperature to kill bed bug

I've read that heat is the most effective and it needs to be hot,
temps held for some long period.

Imagine what the heat does to wooden furniture?

Hot water wash and most driers will kill. Extended 115 degrees or higher.
115 takes longer. Over 120 will kill quick.

Greg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/17/18 2:05 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:

"gregz" wrote in message

Oren wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2018 12:51:00 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

You can check, but I think some exterminators heat the room to a
hellish
temperature to kill bed bug

I've read that heat is the most effective and it needs to be hot,
temps held for some long period.

Imagine what the heat does to wooden furniture?

Hot water wash and most driers will kill. Extended 115 degrees or higher.
115Â* takes longer. Over 120 will kill quick.

Greg

Sauna Time, eih?

http://www.epestsupply.com/product/Z.../ZappBug-Room/