Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Now N.J. is looking to ban 'ghost guns'

On Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 10:04:27 PM UTC-4, Dove Tail wrote:
On 4/17/2018 at 5:54:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/17/2018 4:50 PM, Dove Tail wrote:

Passing the law is just feel good legislation to get reelected.
It is meaningless in real life.

Now that your bank robbery analogy has fallen apart, we can move on
to what you are implying is the folly of passing any criminal
legislation whatsoever.

I'm not implying we should not have laws, just stating the fact that
many are ignored. Ghost guns will be just about impossible to
enforce.

Unless, of course, you want the militia to make searches of homes at
will.

Lawbreakers don't give a damn about the law. As pointed out, they
still rob banks and that is far riskier than a weapon in the house.

This isn't an "either or" situation. We have laws and punishment for
robbery and we have some laws now regarding firearms and we will have
far more stringent firearms laws in the future.

No laws are absolute and there will always be law breakers, but, it
will be far more difficult for the typical mass murdering American to
obtain what they need to massacre scores of people with firearms.

When the the punishments are severe, machine shops and other
manufacturers will turn to producing products which do not present the
risk of decades in prison.

A scum illegal alien killed Kate Steinle in San Francisco. He
had a violent felony history and illegally entered the USA five times
before stealing a gun from a federal officer and shooting her
to death on the pier in SF.
Why is it that you libs won't pass a law to provide a mandatory prison
sentence for illegal aliens who keep coming back? Why are libs opposed
to that? Why is it that instead,
you libs actually harbor people like her killer? In fact, SF had him
in custody and following their stupid lib philosophy, ignored the order
from ICE to hold him for deportation. Why is it that doesn't bother you,
that you're not posting here about that? No, instead you're worried
about laws trying to ban something that isn't a significant problem.
How many people died or were involved in violent crime from a homemade
gun? And how many have died or been involved in violent crime from an
illegal alien? It's decent Americans being so fed up with the above
and plenty more than you libs have wrought, that put Trump in the WH.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 05:15:15 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

[...]

It would be interesting to see how many people bought one of these 90%
receivers and turned it into scrap metal because they did not have the
skill or tools to do that last 10%. BATF specifies the steps necessary
for completion and they chose things people are not likely to be able
to do without a machine shop. If you have that kind of shop, you can
make a gun from metal you have laying around.
I made my first shotgun from a piece of pipe that came from the
"monkey bars" at a school they were renovating. A 12ga shell was a
perfect fit, at least close enough to work.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I used to make zip guns from radio antenna . Dad asked me why I didn't
just use the .22 rifle standing in the corner of the living room . Now
that I have a shop capable of producing a firearm I have no interest in
doing so ...

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on