PEX vs. CPVC vs. Copper

Old February 19th 14, 01:44 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default PEX vs. CPVC vs. Copper

replying to Bob F, lifeisadimension wrote:
bobnospam wrote:

"Oughtsix" wrote in message
oups.com...
CPVC has a smaller inside diameterthan copper, So water flows
through it faster for a given flow rate.
Bob

My understanding is that when the diameter reduces the velocity of the
water increases, though the volume decreases. A hose nozzle illustrates
this understanding.

Old February 19th 14, 06:58 PM posted to alt.home.repair

A moron's useless post to a thread that is 7 years old.
Old February 20th 14, 01:55 AM posted to alt.home.repair

all the HDs and lowes around here sell PEX. Sharkbite fittings, including Ts, ball valves and adapters make plumbing very easy. Pex can freeze and thaw without damage.

pex flexes around obstacles extremely easily.

I fixed some frozen copper lines replacing them with PEX. got one bathroom and laundry working for a realtive. have more to do perhaps this weekend.

we accidently reveresed the hot and cold lines to the bathroom, just used the sharkbites to fix that. Snap snap all done.

I am going to relocate some lines in a crawlspace, install a vent in the floor to allow some warm air to enter the crawlspace, and insulate some of the crawlspace. We can easily relocate the pex to interior heated space, but theres still a drain trap that freezes in the crawl space. so insulating and heating it might be the better option.

copper or cpvc water pipes? Zootal Home Repair 30 August 14th 06 04:52 PM
Pex or Copper boubou Home Repair 7 December 1st 05 02:31 AM
coupling copper and cpvc frankg Home Repair 17 May 27th 05 03:53 PM
Do you like CPVC as much as copper? Harry Everhart Home Repair 29 March 28th 05 11:02 PM
Mix copper and pvc/cpvc supply lines? Mike Dapkus Home Repair 4 March 11th 04 10:53 PM