Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washing Machine Won't Drain Completely

After completing a load of wash, a small amount of water remains in
the tub but below the basket and clothes. I can see it through the
holes in the bottom. We've been having some odor problems and I
suspect this might be part of it. I suspect the water is forced
against the wall during the spin and then flows down once it stops. Is
this normal? If not, any suggestions about what might be wrong? This
is a top loading Kenmore.