Removing carpet pad residue from hardwood floor

Old February 21st 07, 02:51 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing carpet pad residue from hardwood floor

On Feb 20, 9:25?pm, "J.A. Michel" wrote:
Rent an electric floor scraping machine.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

I did this many years ago, but don't remember the solution. My neighbor's
going nuts trying to remove sticky ancient carpet pad residue. Anyone know
a good trick?- Hide quoted text -

goo gone or goof off should do it fairly easy, use with a scotchbrite
pad or stripping pad which is rougher, unless your planning on
refinishing the floor,, in which caser just sand

Old February 21st 07, 04:00 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 20, 6:51 pm, " wrote:
On Feb 20, 9:25?pm, "J.A. Michel" wrote:

Rent an electric floor scraping machine.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

I did this many years ago, but don't remember the solution. My neighbor's
going nuts trying to remove sticky ancient carpet pad residue. Anyone know
a good trick?- Hide quoted text -

goo gone or goof off should do it fairly easy, use with a scotchbrite
pad or stripping pad which is rougher, unless your planning on
refinishing the floor,, in which case just sand

Depends on how much area you gotta do.......

small area try solvents...what works will depend on what's there

Is it really pad OR glue from some glue down carpet?

BTW Goof-Off is mostly (if not all) xylene......a gallon of xylene is
a LOT cheaper than the equal amount of Goof-Off.

If solvents don't do the trick.......floor sander (rum or floor
sander)

Are you going to re-finish floor?....if so, sander....forget the
solvents.

cheers
Bob

Old February 21st 07, 04:01 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 20, 6:51 pm, " wrote:
On Feb 20, 9:25?pm, "J.A. Michel" wrote:

Rent an electric floor scraping machine.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

I did this many years ago, but don't remember the solution. My neighbor's
going nuts trying to remove sticky ancient carpet pad residue. Anyone know
a good trick?- Hide quoted text -

goo gone or goof off should do it fairly easy, use with a scotchbrite
pad or stripping pad which is rougher, unless your planning on
refinishing the floor,, in which case just sand

Depends on how much area you gotta do.......

small area try solvents...what works will depend on what's there

Is it really pad OR glue from some glue down carpet?

BTW Goof-Off is mostly (if not all) xylene......a gallon of xylene is
a LOT cheaper than the equal amount of Goof-Off.

If solvents don't do the trick.......floor sander (drum or floor