Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to Clean a pitted Aluminum Extension Ladder

How do I clean a pitted aluminum extension ladder that is so bad it is hard
to slide the two sections up and down?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Michael Bushey" wrote in message
. ..
How do I clean a pitted aluminum extension ladder that is so bad it is
hard
to slide the two sections up and down?

Sand the worst of the rough stuff and spray it with WD40 (Go easy as you
don't want to make the rungs slippery).

If the corrosion is really bad, you might have lost some structural
integrity. Salt water/air are tough on aluminum.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Michael Bushey writes:

How do I clean a pitted aluminum extension ladder that is so bad it is hard
to slide the two sections up and down?

I don't think you do.
If it's pitted that bad, I think it's time for a new one.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 19, 2:13 pm, Michael Bushey wrote:
How do I clean a pitted aluminum extension ladder that is so bad it is hard
to slide the two sections up and down?

Ladders are almost never repaired only replaced. A good ladder will
last a lifetime if properly stored. I have a nice selection of
ladders. One time one of my step ladder got dented somehow and would
not sit level. I had to toss it even though it was an expensive
ladder.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 20, 10:47�am, "Lawrence" wrote:
On Feb 19, 2:13 pm, Michael Bushey wrote:

How do I *clean a pitted aluminum extension ladder that is so bad it is hard
to slide the two sections up and down?

Ladders are almost never repaired only replaced. *A good ladder will
last a lifetime if properly stored. *I have a nice selection of
ladders. *One time one of my step ladder got dented somehow and would
not sit level. *I had to toss it even though it was an expensive
ladder.

I had a 16 footer that got damaged, tossed 1/2 the other half I use in
my shed with 10 foot cieling height.

If its cosmetic wash and perhaps spray with clear acrylic, if its
ANYTHING even remotely structural sell it for scrap and buy a new one.

WAY TOO EASY TO GET HURT!