Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bleach Dispenser Question

The bleach dispenser on my Kenmore washing machine drains very slowly.
It looks like the slow down is in the tube leading from the cup to the
tub. Is there anything fancy win the tube, like a flap or flow
constrictor? If not, I'll try shoving a wire down it to hopefully
unblock it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
The bleach dispenser on my Kenmore washing machine drains very slowly.
It looks like the slow down is in the tube leading from the cup to the
tub. Is there anything fancy win the tube, like a flap or flow
constrictor? If not, I'll try shoving a wire down it to hopefully
unblock it.

I have a new Kenmore washer that has a dispenser like this that also
drains slowly. As long as it all gets out before the washer begins
agitating, it doesn't matter, right?

Or are you saying yours takes longer than that to empty?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 21, 1:38 pm, "cybercat" wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

The bleach dispenser on my Kenmore washing machine drains very slowly.
It looks like the slow down is in the tube leading from the cup to the
tub. Is there anything fancy win the tube, like a flap or flow
constrictor? If not, I'll try shoving a wire down it to hopefully
unblock it.

I have a new Kenmore washer that has a dispenser like this that also
drains slowly. As long as it all gets out before the washer begins
agitating, it doesn't matter, right?

Or are you saying yours takes longer than that to empty?

Yes, it looks like it wasn't finished after the load was done. Once
the agitation started, the vibration appears to have splattered the
bleach all over inside and then on to the floor.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, it looks like it wasn't finished after the load was done. Once
the agitation started, the vibration appears to have splattered the
bleach all over inside and then on to the floor.

Whenever I have a load of laundry that I wash using HOT water, I take a few
cups of water from the filling nozzle and pour it in the bleach "dispenser".

It seems that any "dispenser" that isn't used collects "stuff". I often
fill the softener with hot water a few times also.

Oxygen Bleach alexander.keys1 UK diy 51 February 17th 07 09:40 AM
Sink soap dispenser installation question [email protected] Home Repair 4 October 12th 06 08:14 AM
Bleach Dispenser for Whirlpool Clothes Washer Beachcomber Home Repair 2 July 2nd 06 04:45 PM
Bleach vs. Tilex Steve Henderson Home Repair 15 December 20th 04 04:58 PM