Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default snow blower parts

I have an older craftsman snow blower that runs great and pump snow
perfectly but I have 3 minor issues and I am not sure if they can be fixed.
Sears says they discontinued making the parts. My 3 issues are...

1. The part where the snow flys out of spins from vibration so I have to
hold it so the snow blows in the correct direction.

2. The handle that puts the blower wheels in gear does not stay in place.
It jumps in and out.

3. The tires are bald.

From what I see all the parts are there but I don't know how these parts
originally stayed in place. I took a picture if anyone thinks they can help
or suggest a way to fix this.

Picture he
http://www.atwill.com/snow/

Thanks in advance.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 15, 10:27 am, "Bob" wrote:
I have an older craftsman snow blower that runs great and pump snow
perfectly but I have 3 minor issues and I am not sure if they can be fixed.
Sears says they discontinued making the parts. My 3 issues are...

1. The part where the snow flys out of spins from vibration so I have to
hold it so the snow blows in the correct direction.

Get a rubber grommet that fits the bracket and provides the necessary
friction.

2. The handle that puts the blower wheels in gear does not stay in place.
It jumps in and out.

This appears to be adjustable. The rod should have threads at one end
or the other to increase the tension once you throw the lever.

3. The tires are bald.

Rogaine is now available OTC or just find the right size wheels at a
repair place.

From what I see all the parts are there but I don't know how these parts

snow blower repair bob Home Repair 4 February 15th 07 04:14 PM
Help! - Snow Blower Won't Start! Boatman Home Repair 15 December 21st 06 09:52 PM
Looking for a good snow blower... dean Home Repair 4 December 5th 05 05:53 PM
Snow Blower Maintanence John Sheehy Home Repair 4 February 2nd 05 10:05 PM
Help with snow blower J Home Repair 2 January 6th 04 01:50 AM