Clothes Washers Recommendations

Old February 13th 07, 11:39 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clothes Washers Recommendations

Any recommendations on good reliable clothes washers?

Thanks!

Old February 13th 07, 11:46 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:39:59 -0600, "Jay Stootzmann"
wrote:

Any recommendations on good reliable clothes washers?

Thanks!

Adjust the legs properly ........
--
Oren

Old February 13th 07, 11:48 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Any recommendations on good reliable clothes washers?

Thanks!

Adjust the legs properly ........
--
Oren

It depends on what you want and what you want to pay.

I wanted a straight forward bread and butter model that I could work
on myself. So, I bought a Whirlpool Direct Drive washer.

I treat it like a garbage disposal and it keeps on running.

Old February 13th 07, 11:57 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Any recommendations on good reliable clothes washers?

Thanks!

Adjust the legs properly ........

It depends on what you want and what you want to pay.

And the needs the person may have; say, like for an apartment.

Old February 14th 07, 12:53 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"Jay Stootzmann" wrote in message
m...
Any recommendations on good reliable clothes washers?

Thanks!

Whatever brand you buy, buy a front loader. They get clothes cleaner with
less water and less wear and tear on the clothes.

Steve

Old February 14th 07, 01:20 AM posted to alt.home.repair

Just remember that for the price of a front loader and matching dryer,
you could buy three top load washers, and three dryers as well, and
have an entire laundromat in your home. Yes, you save on water with a
front loader, but you will pay and pay and pay for repairs.

Old February 14th 07, 01:49 AM posted to alt.home.repair
Art

I disagree. I have one of the original Maytag front loaders and although
Consumer Reports says it has a lousy repair record, ours went 8 years before
a repair. At year 5 Maytag did do a free enhancement to fix the mildew
issue. The original Maytag front loaders are available at Lowes and/or Home
Depot for around $550. If I was buying today I would probably get one.
Several years ago my parents moved to the area and we gave them our Maytag.
We bought the Sears/Whirlpool front loader to replace it because it is a big
bigger which is nice for comforters however the Maytag seems less
complicated and a better buy in my opinion.

oups.com...

Old February 14th 07, 02:34 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"MRS. CLEAN" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Any recommendations on good reliable clothes washers?

Thanks!

It depends on what you want and what you want to pay.

I wanted a straight forward bread and butter model that I could work
on myself. So, I bought a Whirlpool Direct Drive washer.

I'm more concerned about reliability -- a basic top loader with
dial/mechanical controls.

Consumers reports rated the Whirlpool 5540 as one of their best picks -- is
that what you got?

I treat it like a garbage disposal and it keeps on running.

Sounds perfect to me!

Old February 14th 07, 03:23 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:34:59 -0600, "Jay Stootzmann"
wrote:

"MRS. CLEAN" wrote in message
roups.com...

wrote:
Any recommendations on good reliable clothes washers?

Thanks!

It depends on what you want and what you want to pay.

I wanted a straight forward bread and butter model that I could work
on myself. So, I bought a Whirlpool Direct Drive washer.

I'm more concerned about reliability -- a basic top loader with
dial/mechanical controls.

Our recent machine (under warranty) had a bad digital board. Next time
it might cost me $350.00. I like the old dials, simple for me. I left
a very good machine in the old house and went with a new washer/dryer
for the new home. No real regrets...
--
Oren

Old February 14th 07, 04:42 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"Art" wrote in message
k.net...
I disagree. I have one of the original Maytag front loaders and although
Consumer Reports says it has a lousy repair record, ours went 8 years
before a repair. At year 5 Maytag did do a free enhancement to fix the
mildew issue. The original Maytag front loaders are available at Lowes
and/or Home Depot for around $550. If I was buying today I would probably
get one. Several years ago my parents moved to the area and we gave them
our Maytag. We bought the Sears/Whirlpool front loader to replace it
because it is a big bigger which is nice for comforters however the Maytag
seems less complicated and a better buy in my opinion.

Now, now, now. Please don't bring in facts and anecdotal information from a
true owner/consumer. What most people in this newsgroup thrive on is
speculation, opinion, and wild stories based on NOT owning a product.

;-)

Steve