Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Don is offline

Default Titan Tankless and fluorescent fixture

I installed a Titan N-120 tankless water heater in a new addition in my
house. It appears to be working fine, but there is a problem that is
baffling my electrician. When the hot water is turned on and the
instant hot engages, a 48 inch double florescent fixture in the vanity
area flickers. My electrician has changed the bulbs and ballast ( to
electronic) and it has not solved the problem. These units are on
different circuits and the electrical supply is more than adequate.
We had been assuming the problem was with the lighting fixture, but now
wonder if there is something about the water heater that might be
causing this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Don Smith

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don wrote:
I installed a Titan N-120 tankless water heater in a new addition in
my house. It appears to be working fine, but there is a problem that
is baffling my electrician. When the hot water is turned on and the
instant hot engages, a 48 inch double florescent fixture in the vanity
area flickers. My electrician has changed the bulbs and ballast ( to
electronic) and it has not solved the problem. These units are on
different circuits and the electrical supply is more than adequate.
We had been assuming the problem was with the lighting fixture, but
now wonder if there is something about the water heater that might be
causing this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Don Smith

Make sure it is properly grounded.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

A Tankless electric water heater pulls an enormous amount of Current. Any
current that travels through a copper wire sets up and Electromagnetic
field. My question is .. Does the wiring circuit to the Florescent fixture
parallel the wiring for the Tankless Water heater? If so is there any
possibility that you could easily isolate the two? My first thought is that
an electric field, from the massive current being drawn by the Tankless
Water heater, is inducing a counter voltage into the circuit that goes to
the Flourescent light.

On 1/26/07 3:31 PM, in article ,
"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

Don wrote:
I installed a Titan N-120 tankless water heater in a new addition in
my house. It appears to be working fine, but there is a problem that
is baffling my electrician. When the hot water is turned on and the
instant hot engages, a 48 inch double florescent fixture in the vanity
area flickers. My electrician has changed the bulbs and ballast ( to
electronic) and it has not solved the problem. These units are on
different circuits and the electrical supply is more than adequate.
We had been assuming the problem was with the lighting fixture, but
now wonder if there is something about the water heater that might be
causing this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Don Smith

Make sure it is properly grounded.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gary KW4Z wrote:
A Tankless electric water heater pulls an enormous amount of Current.
Any current that travels through a copper wire sets up and
Electromagnetic field.

Good catch.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Did you check voltage at the lamp when the tankless is on, also test it
at the tankless to be sure proper gauge is allowing full power. It could
be electronics of the tankless are emitting RF from poor shielding. Im
sure your tankless co has your answer.

8' T8 fluorescent fixture [email protected] Home Repair 9 February 3rd 07 01:59 PM
fluorescent fixture Patt Home Repair 6 January 16th 06 06:42 PM
Fluorescent fixture won't light Art Home Repair 2 September 11th 05 07:07 AM
Wire for fluorescent fixture Kevin G Home Repair 2 September 6th 05 03:55 PM
Fluorescent Fixture Rewire? [email protected] Home Repair 2 July 27th 05 12:10 PM