Posted to alt.home.repair

Default scrap metal prices?

Hello,

I have some copper, brass and aluminum left over from an electrical
project. Is there a standard way to get the base prices for recycling
these materials?

I figured once I get the base prices, I can call around to see who has
the best prices.

tom
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tom The Great wrote:
Hello,

I have some copper, brass and aluminum left over from an electrical
project. Is there a standard way to get the base prices for recycling
these materials?

I figured once I get the base prices, I can call around to see who has
the best prices.

tom

Yeah, google "copper prices" or "metal prices."
Some of the sites give just the commodity price
(new material) but some give scrap prices. Your
local recycler will likely pay a good deal less.
Posted to alt.home.repair

copper is down...

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Tom The Great wrote:
I have some copper, brass and aluminum left over from an electrical
project. Is there a standard way to get the base prices for recycling
these materials?

I figured once I get the base prices, I can call around to see who has
the best prices.

"Base prices" are irrelevant. An item is worth exactly what someone is willing
to pay you for it, and no more. The only prices that matter are the prices
paid by recyclers that are close enough to you that you're willing to drive
there.

And that means pick up the phone and call around to see who has the best
prices.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , Tom The Great wrote:

Can anyone tell me how much is a good amount before I try to sell it?

No.

A "good amount" is what the recyclers _in_your_area_ are paying for it.

The prices paid by scrap yards even twenty miles away are not meaningful,
because (unless you're recycling several hundred pounds) it won't be
worthwhile making the drive just to get an extra nickel a pound. You need to
pick up the phone and call _your_local_scrap_yards_. Pricing from anywhere
else is meaningless.

--
Regards,