Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bryant code 13

Hi all, the ducts from my furnace had a bit of a burnt smell a couple
days ago, so I check the metal mesh filters inside the Honeywell
electronic air filter and they were quite dirty so I cleaned them and
things seemed to be fine. However, several times over the next couple
days, I heard a strange noise from the furnace, like a whooshing power
down noise. Then this morning I awoke to no heat and checked the red
blinking light on the Bryant furnace (2-cycle). It was one long blink
and three short..code 13. The sticker on the side (for code 13) says
auto reset after three hours, FRS Flame Roll-out Switch requires
manual reset.

I turned power off and on, and red light came on steady and things
started to fire up, however blower never came on and then red light
started blinking code 13 again. I never did do a manual reset of the
FRS because I did not see any reset switches. Is this something I can
do myself, or is a technician required.

Also of note, there is a small circuit breaker type plug that has 4
very small switches: BLOWER OFF, DELAYS, LO HEAT, HI HEAT. The switch
for the BLOWER OFF is ON, the other three are in the OFF position. Can
I reset the OFF ones to ON?

Thanks for the help, and I will be calling a technician, however, I
just wanted to check if I'm missing out on something fairly
straightforward. Thanks for any input!