Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 220v Well Pump on 110v?

Can I safely (and temporarily) run my 1/2 horse, 220v submersible well pump
with my 1000w, 110v generator?

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

NO, 1000 watts isn't enough power and you'll just trip the breaker on the
generator, and using half the required voltage would overheat and burn out
the pump motor

"Pat & Betsy Parrish" wrote in message
et...
Can I safely (and temporarily) run my 1/2 horse, 220v submersible well
pump
with my 1000w, 110v generator?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pat & Betsy Parrish wrote:
Can I safely (and temporarily) run my 1/2 horse, 220v submersible well pump
with my 1000w, 110v generator?

If it runs at all it will be taking a beating. The motor windings will
overheat.
--
Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to.
We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Some pumps can be wired for 110 or 220 (Check the plate) but I
seriously doubt if 1000W generator will supply enough power for the
pump
Pat & Betsy Parrish wrote:
Can I safely (and temporarily) run my 1/2 horse, 220v submersible well pump
with my 1000w, 110v generator?

Posted to alt.home.repair
L L is offline

In article ,
Pat & Betsy Parrish wrote:
Can I safely (and temporarily) run my 1/2 horse, 220v submersible well pump
with my 1000w, 110v generator?

No

Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland - lwasserm(a)sdf.lonestar.org