Posted to alt.home.repair
Sam Sam is offline

Default Gas Furnace Works Only When Power Reset

Hello,

My gas furnace turns on if I reset the power to it and brings the
temperature up to set point. However, it seems that the next time the
thermostat sends the signal, the furnace doesn't start until I cycle
its power switch.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Sam

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

That's the furnace's way of telling you that it has a problem. You need to
call someone who can diagnose and repair the problem

"Sam" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

My gas furnace turns on if I reset the power to it and brings the
temperature up to set point. However, it seems that the next time the
thermostat sends the signal, the furnace doesn't start until I cycle
its power switch.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Sam

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 14 Jan 2007 06:18:17 -0800, "Sam" wrote:

Hello,

My gas furnace turns on if I reset the power to it and brings the
temperature up to set point. However, it seems that the next time the
thermostat sends the signal, the furnace doesn't start until I cycle
its power switch.

There is no way to troubleshoot a furnace remotely But it sounds as
though it is locking out on a flame safety. You should have it checked
before it locks out permanently.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I agree,have it checked or replaced..You can ask here too for advice or
confirmation..
http://www.hvacmechanic.com/forums/forums.htm

HVACTECH2 wrote:
On 14 Jan 2007 06:18:17 -0800, "Sam" wrote:

Hello,

My gas furnace turns on if I reset the power to it and brings the
temperature up to set point. However, it seems that the next time the
thermostat sends the signal, the furnace doesn't start until I cycle
its power switch.

There is no way to troubleshoot a furnace remotely But it sounds as
though it is locking out on a flame safety. You should have it checked
before it locks out permanently.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 14 Jan 2007 06:18:17 -0800, "Sam" wrote:

Hello,

My gas furnace turns on if I reset the power to it and brings the
temperature up to set point. However, it seems that the next time the
thermostat sends the signal, the furnace doesn't start until I cycle
its power switch.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Sam

What senses the presence of the flame?
Heat sensor- adjust, clean or replace....
Light sensor - clean or replace