Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting Question

My house was built in 1983 and is stucco covered block. The end of one
wall has fieldstone ... as decoration.

I've noticed that the wall where the fieldstone is seems cooler than
the rest of the wall ... and it's especially noticeable when the
weather is damp.

Are we supposed to keep some kind of clear sealer on the fieldstone?
The outside of the house has been painted several times but we never do
anything to the fieldstone....

Just wondering.... the man at the Home Depot here had no idea.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10 Jan 2007 16:39:15 -0800, "Dottie" wrote:

My house was built in 1983 and is stucco covered block. The end of one
wall has fieldstone ... as decoration.

I've noticed that the wall where the fieldstone is seems cooler than
the rest of the wall ... and it's especially noticeable when the
weather is damp.

Are we supposed to keep some kind of clear sealer on the fieldstone?
The outside of the house has been painted several times but we never do
anything to the fieldstone....

Just wondering.... the man at the Home Depot here had no idea.

Hi Dottie

I would check out the cement sealers, that have Sila, or Silo in it's
name. It always good to seal stone/grout.

Cheers
Dale

Painting question Eric in North TX Home Repair 6 November 29th 06 08:40 PM
re-painting tile question [email protected] Home Repair 18 September 22nd 06 01:33 PM
Painting question R UK diy 8 September 15th 05 07:18 AM
A painting question.... Peter Home Repair 15 July 16th 05 05:20 AM
Drywall Painting Question Ed Mana Home Repair 2 June 27th 04 05:17 AM