Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how do i fix drywall????

Hi, I am in need of a little advice. I need to fix holes in my
apartment walls, but I am not sure how
do drywall, and was looking for some tips.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

" writes:

Hi, I am in need of a little advice. I need to fix holes in my
apartment walls, but I am not sure how
do drywall, and was looking for some tips.

Here's where to start
http://www.google.com/search?q=drywall+repair

Far more descriptive than any of us can be in a text only forum.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .com, " wrote:
Hi, I am in need of a little advice. I need to fix holes in my
apartment walls, but I am not sure how
do drywall, and was looking for some tips.

Right he

http://tinyurl.com/2rfwr

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9 Jan 2007 11:25:29 -0800, "
wrote:

Hi, I am in need of a little advice. I need to fix holes in my
apartment walls, but I am not sure how
do drywall, and was looking for some tips.

Thanks

The size of the holes changes how to tackle the problem.

How big are they?

tom @ www.MeetANewFriend.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote
Amazing. A thousand netnannies out of work, and you want to be one.

Steve

Stevie, I'm not out of work, I'm doing my job. I would be out of work, if
it weren't for imbeciles like you.

Next time, attempt to put together a sentence, which makes sense.

Posted to alt.home.repair

back in college, we used to fix nail holes with toothpaste... try to
find a color that matches the walls (we got lucky, always white).

They always scare you with the "we'll hold your security deposit if
there is any undocumented alteration or damage to your
apartment/dorm"... they really don't care about nail holes, because
they usually claim that you staind the rug or that you scraped a
countertop anyhow.

The "deposit" is a joke at most colleges, btw... they're gonna keep the
whole damn thing no matter what. The washing machine broke down on
the 5th floor of a friends dorm back in the day, they just decided to
pay for a new one by keeping $10 from everyone's deposit when they
moved out for the summer. it was actually listed as "Laundry equipment
replacement"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 9, 3:34 pm, Simon wrote:
wrote:
Hi, I am in need of a little advice. I need to fix holes in my
apartment walls, but I am not sure how
do drywall, and was looking for some tips.

Thanks Amazing, you're posting through Google, you have a Gmail account, but

you don't know how to search Google.

No, i am at work, where there is a firewall, actually....... so I can
not get to almost all websites. I thought if I asked on here, someone
might have a response..... thank you.... For some reason I can get to
gmail, but nothing else.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 9, 6:26 pm, Tom The Great wrote:
On 9 Jan 2007 11:25:29 -0800, "

wrote:
Hi, I am in need of a little advice. I need to fix holes in my
apartment walls, but I am not sure how
do drywall, and was looking for some tips.

Thanks The size of the holes changes how to tackle the problem.

How big are they?

tom @www.MeetANewFriend.com

Lets just say, someone punched about 8 holes in one area..... so fist
size holes, exactly.....

Posted to alt.home.repair

They firewall just about everything, ehe? I Hate it when that happens.

Maybe you should punch about 8 fist sized holes in the firewall, then
you could google "firewall patching".

Oh, snaps.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Hi, I am in need of a little advice. I need to fix holes in my
apartment walls, but I am not sure how
do drywall, and was looking for some tips.

Thanks The size of the holes changes how to tackle the problem.

How big are they?

tom @www.MeetANewFriend.com

Lets just say, someone punched about 8 holes in one area..... so fist
size holes, exactly.....

imho,

If they are about the same area, might want to just cut out one big
area, say square shape, and patch. Cut fresh sheet of drywall about
the size of the new single hole, secure to studs, tape and mud.

Now if they are all seperate, and unable to consolidated, get some
mesh tape, and mud squishing good amount of mud through the tape.
Assuming fist size is only 4x3 in size.

mudding means mud, sand, mud, sand, mud and sand. the paint.

These are just guesses, since not actually there.

tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com