Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Loud whistling sound from plumbing system

Hi all,

When we turn on the water anywhere in the house, there is a loud
whistling sound which sometimes is ear piercing. While the water is
running in one area and another faucet (or shower) is turned on, the
sound disappears. The house has two stories, built in early 1970s,
and has copper plumbing. Until now, we've never had any plumbing
problems. I assume this a water pressure problem. Would really
appreciate any suggestions on how fix it.

Thanks

Loud Plumbing Noises Peep Home Repair 4 December 6th 06 03:58 AM
Does this sound like a venting problem - plumbing Eigenvector Home Repair 5 October 12th 06 07:20 PM
why isnt my whistling kettle whistling anymore? ODB Home Repair 10 June 29th 05 03:14 AM
Quasar Loud Sound Blast then dies GodFollower Electronics Repair 0 August 17th 04 01:41 PM
Audio Power AMP, whistling sound on high-bass sounds Bilal Electronics Repair 4 August 30th 03 09:43 PM