Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Re Safety First - Call a Professional

It seems that in 90% of all posts on this newsgroup. someone tells the poster

to contact the pros. Well, I fully agree.

0 for 14 today. All advice given was on how to address the issue.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"srazor" wrote in message
It seems that in 90% of all posts on this newsgroup. someone tells the
poster

to contact the pros. Well, I fully agree.

0 for 14 today. All advice given was on how to address the issue.

That is because, in my opinion, people are too quick to jump all over a
guy and flame him if he says anything out of the norm. "Call a
professional"...is like "DUH". There is a freaking professional for every
topic on the NG. Most of the reason why this stuff is asked on a News Group
is so they can bypass the professional and save a few bucks. Using the
phrase "Call a professional" is like saying "okay, I've said my piece here
so am covering my ass so .......Call a professional"
Hell if I wanted to remove my own apendix and got on here and
asked "I need to remove my own apendix" ....I would much rather have someone
say 'Here's the url on that...good luck and use a sharp knife"...ha ha...Not
"call a professional"....of course I would be "Off-topic" and would have to
go to the Alt.rec.apendixremoval News group.
That one is right up there with '"check your owners manual".
That's another good CYA phrase.
I would hope the person has exhausted some of these obvios
questions before asking on a NG? Just me venting here on a Saturday
morning..Merry Christmas...Jimi

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Jimi" wrote in message

"srazor" wrote in message
[...]

I gotta add to this rant please.... another few good ones is a guy has an
electrical question and he gets a reply "Check with your local electrical
supplier" Well DUH! If you don't know the answer, why reply with that at all
and waste bandwidth ? Do you not think that the guy typing his post has not
thought of that?
Or a guy wanting help with a cut on a piece of plywood and he gets "Go to
your local lumber yard and ask them"...what a waste of bandwidth! Does a
person posting such a reply actually get a sense of accomplishment by
replying with such an obvious answer?.... okay...feel free to rant
back...flame away...just my thoughts here.....Jimi