Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

Default Anyone used a Jac-Pac co2 cylinder?

Saw these in the local h/w store yesterday. Seems pretty good idea if you
don't need pressure for hours on end. Just a few finishing nails here and
there.

http://store.workshopsupply.com/cata...h=264_523&prod
ucts_id=2238&osCsid=9cbe965d9c7c3feb204257b46acd72 6b

What's your experience? Any drawbacks?

Thanks,
--
DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:07:11 -0800, DaveC wrote:

Saw these in the local h/w store yesterday. Seems pretty good idea if you
don't need pressure for hours on end. Just a few finishing nails here and
there.

http://store.workshopsupply.com/cata...h=264_523&prod
ucts_id=2238&osCsid=9cbe965d9c7c3feb204257b46acd7 26b

What's your experience? Any drawbacks?

Thanks,

I used a regular 20lb BevCo cylinder with my finish nailer for a
kitchen renovation and it worked great.
I happened to have one but any welding gas place will rent you one.
You might even find one on the side of the road. (where I found mine).
They are swap outs if you have one to start with.

FWIW.....most air nailer mfrs say do not use CO2 to run them or O2 for
that matter

CO2 can freeze up the "inards"; O2 presents a fire / explosion hazard.

The correct way is to use nitrogen or air bottle (like SCUBA tank)
with the proper regulator.

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

wrote:
On 15 Dec 2006 12:50:25 -0800, "Bobk207" wrote:

wrote:
[...]

I too would worry about O2 setting the oil in the gun on fire but I do
think the CO2 thing is overstated. I don't work fast enough to ice up
a finish nailer. Maybe a production guy with a 16d nail gun could
though.

I'd agree with you about the CO2....depends on size of gun & firing
rate...small enough & slow enough should be no problem

Lots of people use CO2 for finish nailers; base & crown ....never have
a problem.

cheers
Bob

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair

DaveC wrote in
news.net:

http://store.workshopsupply.com/cata...p?cPath=264_52
3&prod
ucts_id=2238&osCsid=9cbe965d9c7c3feb204257b46acd72 6b

What's your experience? Any drawbacks?

Thanks,

they look like paintball gun cylinders.
you can get those in CO2 or nitrogen.
(need a connector/regulator,though)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Behlen Pore-O-Pac John Woodworking 0 August 26th 06 04:40 PM
Smoke / CO2 Detector Discussion Handi Home Repair 9 January 23rd 06 12:05 PM
First Alert CO2 Detector F UK diy 2 January 22nd 05 10:19 PM
Flue CO2 question? Harry Bloomfield UK diy 6 January 5th 05 07:13 PM
CO2 bottle .. Grant Erwin Metalworking 24 November 23rd 03 12:40 AM