Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Dusty house 2

I have a dusty house, like Charlie, with a different twist. This house (in
N. Texas) has three AC systems, two of which show no unusual build-up of
dust on the filters after a month or two. The third, which serves the
master bedroom and bath, collects a considerable amount of gray dust--enough
to obscure the surface of the filter--in a month. The filters are the
standard 1-inch filters in the return vents, and I'm using Filtrete
electrostatics. This seems to me to point to an open duct, but I haven't
been able to find one. I understand that simply taping everything with
duct-tape isn't considered adequate. I'm not opposed to hiring someone to
fix it if I could be convinced that it is a duct problem. Any more ideas?
Thanks, Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

The third, which serves the
master bedroom and bath

could be your bed

Posted to alt.home.repair

If your dryer vent is clogged, the lint can back up into the room.

Alisa LeSueur
Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician
http://CleanYourOwnDryerVent.com

Joe wrote:
I have a dusty house, like Charlie, with a different twist. This house (in
N. Texas) has three AC systems, two of which show no unusual build-up of
dust on the filters after a month or two. The third, which serves the
master bedroom and bath, collects a considerable amount of gray dust--enough
to obscure the surface of the filter--in a month. The filters are the
standard 1-inch filters in the return vents, and I'm using Filtrete
electrostatics. This seems to me to point to an open duct, but I haven't
been able to find one. I understand that simply taping everything with
duct-tape isn't considered adequate. I'm not opposed to hiring someone to
fix it if I could be convinced that it is a duct problem. Any more ideas?
Thanks, Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Please explain . . . and thanks.

Joe

"minder" wrote in message
ps.com...
The third, which serves the
master bedroom and bath

could be your bed

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Well the filter ends up looking like the dryer screen. And I'm not
particularly confident about the dryer vent. But the utility room and the
bedroom are some distance apart. I'll look into this though. Thanks.

Joe

Dusty house charlie Home Repair 14 December 14th 06 06:40 PM
Cleaning Dusty Basement [email protected] Home Repair 3 September 29th 06 10:35 PM
Cleaning Dusty Basement [email protected] Home Repair 1 September 28th 06 05:01 PM
dusty/dirty basement Ben Gold Home Repair 7 April 14th 05 10:33 PM
dusty condo, where is the filter? sam Home Repair 2 February 18th 05 01:21 AM