How to attach vanity top to base

Old December 11th 06, 08:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to attach vanity top to base

I bought a cheap bathroom vanity. Came in two pieces - the top, made
of what looks to be some kind of white glass/ceramic, and the bottom
particle board. In the upper corners of the bottom are 4 plastic
triangular pieces with holes in them. These are there of course to
secure the top to the bottom. But the top is made of something hard
and I'm afraid to drill into it. So how do I secure the top to the
bottom? I can't figure out why they even put in the plastic pieces.
The kit came with no directions.
Old December 11th 06, 09:00 PM posted to alt.home.repair

I put a bead of DAP bathroom caulk around the top of my base cabinet and set
the solid-surface top right on it. It set up in a day and hasn't moved
since. I'm sure if I needed to get if back off I could cut thru the caulk
pretty easily without damaging either the top or the cabinet.

Old December 11th 06, 10:30 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 20:44:45 GMT, 46erjoe
wrote:

I bought a cheap bathroom vanity. Came in two pieces - the top, made
of what looks to be some kind of white glass/ceramic, and the bottom
particle board. In the upper corners of the bottom are 4 plastic
triangular pieces with holes in them. These are there of course to
secure the top to the bottom. But the top is made of something hard
and I'm afraid to drill into it. So how do I secure the top to the
bottom? I can't figure out why they even put in the plastic pieces.
The kit came with no directions.

Some builder grade vanity tops in my area are set with a bead of caulk
along the base top. If they have; as most do, a built in/molded back
splash a few dabs of mastic behind the back splash. A razor knife and
small wonder bar get them off easily.

These tops are poured/molded with what I guess to be plaster paris (?)
but are very durable.

--
Oren

excused from saving Universes."

Old December 12th 06, 06:32 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

These tops are poured/molded with what I guess to be plaster paris

Polyester resin

but are very durable.

Durable is as durable does...

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Old December 12th 06, 08:54 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:32:19 GMT, "dadiOH"
wrote:

Oren wrote:

These tops are poured/molded with what I guess to be plaster paris

Polyester resin

These look like a faux Corian and the sink and top are all one piece.

but are very durable.

Durable is as durable does...

I have seen small scratches, but no broken ones.

--
Oren