Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Time capsules

I had a bad day a week ago. Putting up the drywall in the basement and
stairway I lost my tape measure. Near as I can tell I sealed it in the wall
somewhere, probably with a few other things as well. At the time I had just
finished installing 4x8 panels by hand above the stairwell and I wasn't
about to remove them to look for the lost measure. Heck I could barely lift
my arms, so I resigned myself to buying another one.

That bites, but the next person who buys my house will uncover a real time
capsule of construction equipment.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Amazing the stuff that turns up in old houses and barns like that..
The house I was raised in was built in 1928. FOund a couple of old
wooden handled screwdrivers in the eves.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eigenvector" wrote in
:

I had a bad day a week ago. Putting up the drywall in the basement
and stairway I lost my tape measure. Near as I can tell I sealed it
in the wall somewhere, probably with a few other things as well. At
the time I had just finished installing 4x8 panels by hand above the
stairwell and I wasn't about to remove them to look for the lost
measure. Heck I could barely lift my arms, so I resigned myself to
buying another one.

That bites, but the next person who buys my house will uncover a real
time capsule of construction equipment.

If anyone finds my side cutters, I think I have your prybar.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
I had a bad day a week ago. Putting up the drywall in the basement and
stairway I lost my tape measure. Near as I can tell I sealed it in the
wall somewhere, probably with a few other things as well. At the time I
had just finished installing 4x8 panels by hand above the stairwell and I
wasn't about to remove them to look for the lost measure. Heck I could
barely lift my arms, so I resigned myself to buying another one.

That bites, but the next person who buys my house will uncover a real time
capsule of construction equipment.

Let me guess. It was your favorite tape as well right? I hate when that
happens!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 20:13:10 -0700, "James \"Cubby\" Culbertson"
wrote:

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
I had a bad day a week ago. Putting up the drywall in the basement and
stairway I lost my tape measure. Near as I can tell I sealed it in the
wall somewhere, probably with a few other things as well. At the time I
had just finished installing 4x8 panels by hand above the stairwell and I
wasn't about to remove them to look for the lost measure. Heck I could
barely lift my arms, so I resigned myself to buying another one.

That bites, but the next person who buys my house will uncover a real time
capsule of construction equipment.

Let me guess. It was your favorite tape as well right? I hate when that
happens!

I recall doing some rewirind on interior walls one time and found
every cavity stuffed with drywall cuttoffs. Better than a trip to the
dump. A bit of bad language on that job. jesse

Posted to alt.home.repair

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message
. ..

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
I had a bad day a week ago. Putting up the drywall in the basement and
stairway I lost my tape measure. Near as I can tell I sealed it in the
wall somewhere, probably with a few other things as well. At the time I
had just finished installing 4x8 panels by hand above the stairwell and I
wasn't about to remove them to look for the lost measure. Heck I could
barely lift my arms, so I resigned myself to buying another one.

That bites, but the next person who buys my house will uncover a real
time capsule of construction equipment.

Let me guess. It was your favorite tape as well right? I hate when
that happens!

It was actually, I had to replace it with a Stanley Powerlock of whatever
it's called. Compared to the old one the new one is 2nd rate. Only reason
why I chose the Stanley was because it was made in the US of US parts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jesse wrote:
I recall doing some rewirind on interior walls one time and found
every cavity stuffed with drywall cuttoffs. Better than a trip to the
dump. A bit of bad language on that job. jesse

I had that problem in one of the interior walls in my house. It's one
of the walls next to the bathroom, and apparently the PO decided to
throw old tiles into the wall rather than throwing them in the trash.

I also found some old clay jugs and glass bottles in the yard of my
parent's house a few years ago while I was burying some conduit. The
house was built in 1917, so I'm wondering if I dug into someone's
prohibition stash. The jugs look to be around that vintage.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 13:59:08 -0800, "Eigenvector"
wrote:

I had a bad day a week ago. Putting up the drywall in the basement and
stairway I lost my tape measure. Near as I can tell I sealed it in the wall
somewhere, probably with a few other things as well. At the time I had just
finished installing 4x8 panels by hand above the stairwell and I wasn't
about to remove them to look for the lost measure. Heck I could barely lift
my arms, so I resigned myself to buying another one.

That bites, but the next person who buys my house will uncover a real time
capsule of construction equipment.

I was just about to close up a few open wall areas a few years ago.
Just as I was about to set the drywall in place; out popped one of our
cats.

--
Oren

excused from saving Universes."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Would serve him/her right too! My own cat has an unnatural attraction for
the furnace intake vent in the basement.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Oren wrote:

I was just about to close up a few open wall areas a few years ago.
Just as I was about to set the drywall in place; out popped one of our
cats.

I don't have to worry about that, we have a spare cat

--
Free men own guns - www.geocities/CapitolHill/5357/ (add .com after geocities)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 13:56:59 -0800, Nick Hull wrote:

In article ,
Oren wrote:

I was just about to close up a few open wall areas a few years ago.
Just as I was about to set the drywall in place; out popped one of our
cats.

I don't have to worry about that, we have a spare cat

A little extra pussy, never hurts......

--
Oren

excused from saving Universes."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Eigenvector wrote:
I had a bad day a week ago. Putting up the drywall in the basement
and stairway I lost my tape measure. Near as I can tell I sealed it
in the wall somewhere, probably with a few other things as well. At
the time I had just finished installing 4x8 panels by hand above the
stairwell and I wasn't about to remove them to look for the lost
measure. Heck I could barely lift my arms, so I resigned myself to
buying another one.
That bites, but the next person who buys my house will uncover a real
time capsule of construction equipment.

I hope we haven't gone metric by the time it's found.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Eigenvector wrote:
I had a bad day a week ago. Putting up the drywall in the basement
and stairway I lost my tape measure. Near as I can tell I sealed it
in the wall somewhere, probably with a few other things as well. At
the time I had just finished installing 4x8 panels by hand above the
stairwell and I wasn't about to remove them to look for the lost
measure. Heck I could barely lift my arms, so I resigned myself to
buying another one.
That bites, but the next person who buys my house will uncover a real
time capsule of construction equipment.

I hope we haven't gone metric by the time it's found.

Well they could always take it to the museum then.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I had a bad day a week ago. Putting up the drywall in the basement and
stairway I lost my tape measure. Near as I can tell I sealed it in the wall
somewhere, probably with a few other things as well. At the time I had just
finished installing 4x8 panels by hand above the stairwell and I wasn't
about to remove them to look for the lost measure. Heck I could barely lift
my arms, so I resigned myself to buying another one.

That bites, but the next person who buys my house will uncover a real time
capsule of construction equipment.

When I do work in my house, I take little 'toys' and put them in
places. This way the next person has a conversation piece.

later,

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

Old Before It's Time? Ron Electronics Repair 17 October 9th 06 04:22 PM
Is this time of the year a good time to buy a new home? first time home buyer Home Ownership 8 May 19th 06 12:23 PM
Furnace low heat run time = A/C low cool run time [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 29th 05 02:56 PM
time to ask for help Thirsty Electronics Repair 4 July 30th 05 07:11 AM
Do you think the time is right?! Edwin Pawlowski Home Repair 1 May 21st 05 02:18 AM