Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Vintage water faucet sources

I want to redo the faucets at my cabin for two reasons:

1. To install a working winter system.
2. To install faucets that look "old'.

Does anyone know of a site, as for vintage looking hardware that sells
reasonably priced old looking faucets?

Maybe I'll just have to scrounge yard sales and second hand stores and
salvage stores.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

There are many sources here in Chicago. Look for places that sell
recycled stuff or salvage. Craig's and Freecycle are also good sources.
Talk to plumbing contractors in your area they will often know of or
have "pulls" from their jobs. Same for buildings being demo'ed. I've
had old faucets from my clients and have "Freecycled" them.
Richard

Steve B wrote:
I want to redo the faucets at my cabin for two reasons:

1. To install a working winter system.
2. To install faucets that look "old'.

Does anyone know of a site, as for vintage looking hardware that sells
reasonably priced old looking faucets?

Maybe I'll just have to scrounge yard sales and second hand stores and
salvage stores.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B spake thus:

I want to redo the faucets at my cabin for two reasons:

1. To install a working winter system.
2. To install faucets that look "old'.

Does anyone know of a site, as for vintage looking hardware that sells
reasonably priced old looking faucets?

Try this page:
http://www.restoremedia.net/action.l...rodCode=063300

It's Old House Journal's listing of suppliers of reproduction kitchen
faucets and fittings.

you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch (http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)