Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I'm freezing!

I have a Trane gas central H&C unit. The heat will not come on untill the
temp in the house gets below 50 degrees and will stop when it reaches 70.
No matter what I have my thermostat set at. I have had a service man come
and look at it. I have spent about $500 and the problem still exist. The
last time he came out he installed a reset switch on the outside of the
unit and said that when it cuts off I could go outside and reset it.
Well, that sucks.
Especially when you wake up a 2 am in the morning freezing. I asked him if
it could be the thermostat and he said no. The unit is about 17 yrs old.
He said I need a new unit. What do you think. Am I being Hoodooed or what?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sounds like a thermostat problem. I'd call another tech to confirm this.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"cndlane" wrote in message
news:4df35c0eb57880076dd5279d1d7fc9a7@homerepairli ve.com...
I have a Trane gas central H&C unit. The heat will not come on untill the
temp in the house gets below 50 degrees and will stop when it reaches 70.
No matter what I have my thermostat set at. I have had a service man come
and look at it. I have spent about $500 and the problem still exist. The
last time he came out he installed a reset switch on the outside of the
unit and said that when it cuts off I could go outside and reset it.
Well, that sucks.
Especially when you wake up a 2 am in the morning freezing. I asked him if
it could be the thermostat and he said no. The unit is about 17 yrs old.
He said I need a new unit. What do you think. Am I being Hoodooed or what?

The unit is only seventeen years old? Why, I have heard of those units
lasting eighty years. I think you're being hoodooed.

Steve

Evaporator freezing Art Todesco Home Repair 6 July 17th 05 09:52 PM
My house is freezing RP Home Repair 11 July 12th 05 03:09 AM
fridge now freezing everything? Hamilton Audio Home Repair 6 May 5th 05 04:25 AM
freezer not freezing [email protected] Electronics Repair 10 April 10th 05 12:02 AM
Freezing pipes ******************************************************* Rettgerinc Metalworking 25 January 4th 05 03:59 AM