Posted to alt.home.repair

Default is gfci outlet good replacement for two-prong non-grounded outlet ??

Hi,

I own a house built in the 1950's so currently none of the outlets are
grounded. idealy/eventually i want to add a grounding rod and rewire
the house but until then i was wondering how good of an idea replacing
all the 2-prong outlets with GFCIs is ? My understanding is that such
a replacement is blessed by the NEC ?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...

Hi,

I own a house built in the 1950's so currently none of the outlets are
grounded. idealy/eventually i want to add a grounding rod and rewire
the house but until then i was wondering how good of an idea replacing
all the 2-prong outlets with GFCIs is ? My understanding is that such
a replacement is blessed by the NEC ?

GFCIs are subject to nuisance tripping. No way in heck that you want them
on refrigerators and stuff like that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks to all who responded.

On Dec 4, 4:06 pm, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:
wrote in glegroups.com...

Hi,

I own a house built in the 1950's so currently none of the outlets are
grounded. idealy/eventually i want to add a grounding rod and rewire
the house but until then i was wondering how good of an idea replacing
all the 2-prong outlets with GFCIs is ? My understanding is that such
a replacement is blessed by the NEC ?GFCIs are subject to nuisance tripping. No way in heck that you want them

on refrigerators and stuff like that.

2-prong outlet, 3-prong power strip Surfwospam Home Repair 21 February 12th 21 07:55 PM
Grounded outlet m Ransley Home Repair 23 November 11th 06 05:14 PM
appliances and grounded wall outlet Clueless Home Repair 8 September 15th 06 07:27 PM
2 Prong Ungrounded Outlet & GFCI redbrickhat Home Repair 20 September 8th 06 06:33 PM
2 prong to 3 prong outlet conversion? Ari Home Repair 13 July 11th 06 04:49 PM