Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mexico tariffs: Exactly the wrong move for U.S. economy FOX newsreport

Vice President Mike Pence on the crisis at the U.S. southern border and
President Trumps threat to impose tariffs on Mexico.
On trade Opens a New Window. , the hits Opens a New Window. keep coming.

The White House's plan to impose tariffs€” starting at 5 percent on
Monday and escalating to as much as 25 percent by October €” on all goods
imported from Mexico will throw a serious wrench into the gears of the
American economy.
This move will hike taxes on all Americans and undermine U.S.
credibility on trade, while doing nothing to address the very real
problems at the southern border.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business...or-u-s-economy
--
Bod

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 7, 2019 at 9:41:31 AM UTC-4, Bod wrote:
Vice President Mike Pence on the crisis at the U.S. southern border and
President Trumps threat to impose tariffs on Mexico.
On trade Opens a New Window. , the hits Opens a New Window. keep coming.

The White House's plan to impose tariffs€” starting at 5 percent on
Monday and escalating to as much as 25 percent by October €” on all goods
imported from Mexico will throw a serious wrench into the gears of the
American economy.
This move will hike taxes on all Americans and undermine U.S.
credibility on trade, while doing nothing to address the very real
problems at the southern border.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business...or-u-s-economy
--
Bod

---

Trump hasn't made specific demands on Mexico, they are talking, it seems
likely they will come up with something that avoids the tariffs. And I
would not have a problem with tariffs either, if it comes to that and
if Trump had not just concluded his "tremendous" USMCA. If this was
another time, it would be a lot different. Having just completed USMCA,
with that still not approved, the timing was all wrong. As was Trump
for blindsiding Mexico with this, no warning. The Mexican president had
just submitted USMCA to their Senate, the chief Mexican negotiator had
just made a speech praising it, pushing it for approval. Trump just
blew them out of the water, no warning, embarrassed them. What message
does that send to China, NK, Iran, the rest of the world, about Trump
honoring his "deals"? Is that in the Art of the Deal book? Negotiate,
then renege and start it all over again?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bod" wrote in message
Vice President Mike Pence on the crisis at the U.S. southern border and
President Trumps threat to impose tariffs on Mexico.
On trade Opens a New Window. , the hits Opens a New Window. keep coming.

The White House's plan to impose tariffs€” starting at 5 percent on Monday
and escalating to as much as 25 percent by October €” on all goods imported
from Mexico will throw a serious wrench into the gears of the American
economy.

This move will hike taxes on all Americans

Only those that buy stuff that either comes from
mexico or has components that come from mexico.

and undermine U.S. credibility on trade,

Bull****.

while doing nothing to address the very real problems at the southern
border.

There is no way to address that. While ever there is
a dramatic difference in the real standard of living
for those at the bottom of society between central
america and the USA, illegals will keep coming.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business...or-u-s-economy

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 04:18:53 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile troll****

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, June 7, 2019 at 2:19:06 PM UTC-4, Rod Speed wrote:
"Bod" wrote in message
Vice President Mike Pence on the crisis at the U.S. southern border and
President Trumps threat to impose tariffs on Mexico.
On trade Opens a New Window. , the hits Opens a New Window. keep coming.

The White House's plan to impose tariffs€” starting at 5 percent on Monday
and escalating to as much as 25 percent by October €” on all goods imported
from Mexico will throw a serious wrench into the gears of the American
economy.

This move will hike taxes on all Americans

Only those that buy stuff that either comes from
mexico or has components that come from mexico.

Fruit and vegetables. Although I try to avoid Mexican produce,
sometimes that's the only kind I can get during the winter.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bod" wrote in message
Vice President Mike Pence on the crisis at the U.S. southern border and
President Trumps threat to impose tariffs on Mexico.
On trade Opens a New Window. , the hits Opens a New Window. keep
coming.

The White House's plan to impose tariffs€” starting at 5 percent on
Monday
and escalating to as much as 25 percent by October €” on all goods
imported
from Mexico will throw a serious wrench into the gears of the American
economy.

This move will hike taxes on all Americans

Only those that buy stuff that either comes from
mexico or has components that come from mexico.

Fruit and vegetables. Although I try to avoid Mexican produce,
sometimes that's the only kind I can get during the winter.

Unlikely that that will have much effect on the retail price.
Mate of mine made the stunning revelation that with fruit
\and veg, even when its quite literally free at the farm gate,
that has very little effect on the retail price that you pay.

He's right.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bod" wrote in message
Vice President Mike Pence on the crisis at the U.S. southern border and
President Trump’s threat to impose tariffs on Mexico.
On trade Opens a New Window. , the hits Opens a New Window. keep coming.

The White House's plan to impose tariffs— starting at 5 percent on Monday
and escalating to as much as 25 percent by October — on all goods imported
from Mexico will throw a serious wrench into the gears of the American
economy.

This move will hike taxes on all Americans

Only those that buy stuff that either comes from
mexico or has components that come from mexico.

Fruit and vegetables. Although I try to avoid Mexican produce,

What's wwrong with Mexican produce?

sometimes that's the only kind I can get during the winter.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019 05:42:47 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Fruit and vegetables. Although I try to avoid Mexican produce,
sometimes that's the only kind I can get during the winter.

Unlikely that that will have much effect on the retail price.
Mate of mine made the stunning revelation that with fruit
\and veg, even when its quite literally free at the farm gate,
that has very little effect on the retail price that you pay.

"Mate"? LOL You saw it on TV in your old people's home again, you
friendless, senile cretin? BG

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bod" wrote in message
Vice President Mike Pence on the crisis at the U.S. southern border and
President Trumps threat to impose tariffs on Mexico.
On trade Opens a New Window. , the hits Opens a New Window. keep coming.

The White House's plan to impose tariffs€” starting at 5 percent on Monday
and escalating to as much as 25 percent by October €” on all goods imported
from Mexico will throw a serious wrench into the gears of the American
economy.

This move will hike taxes on all Americans

Only those that buy stuff that either comes from
mexico or has components that come from mexico.

Fruit and vegetables. Although I try to avoid Mexican produce,

What's wwrong with Mexican produce?

Cleanliness, although I realize that Arizona and California produce
can be equally bad. In the winter I go for hothouse tomatoes from
Ontario, Canada, if possible.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bod" wrote in message
Vice President Mike Pence on the crisis at the U.S. southern border and
President Trump’s threat to impose tariffs on Mexico.
On trade Opens a New Window. , the hits Opens a New Window. keep coming.

The White House's plan to impose tariffs— starting at 5 percent on Monday
and escalating to as much as 25 percent by October — on all goods imported
from Mexico will throw a serious wrench into the gears of the American
economy.

This move will hike taxes on all Americans

Only those that buy stuff that either comes from
mexico or has components that come from mexico.

Fruit and vegetables. Although I try to avoid Mexican produce,

What's wwrong with Mexican produce?

Cleanliness, although I realize that Arizona and California produce
can be equally bad. In the winter I go for hothouse tomatoes from
Ontario, Canada, if possible.

I may have to start paying attention. I hear some people wash their
fruit!

Thursday I bought two pieces of meat from the place I've refused for
years to buy meat from, because they were caught dying the meat red,
plus a container of chicken salad.

I ate a little of each, and within an hour of starting, while I still
eating, I had cramps. Can you get food poisoning in less than an hour?

I think the only thing I ate earlier in the day was tomato soup from the
Campbell's can and Ritz crackers.

I ate at 10PM, was still sick at 4PM the next day. Didn't feel like
eating until 10PM.
Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bod" wrote in message
[...]

Nope, but you can get an effect from some chemicals that quickly.

I think the only thing I ate earlier in the day was tomato soup from the
Campbell's can

Could have been that.

and Ritz crackers.

I ate at 10PM, was still sick at 4PM the next day. Didn't feel like
eating until 10PM.

Could have been a gut bug that had nothing to do with the food.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 06:33:38 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Thursday I bought two pieces of meat from the place I've refused for
years to buy meat from, because they were caught dying the meat red,
plus a container of chicken salad.

I ate a little of each, and within an hour of starting, while I still
eating, I had cramps. Can you get food poisoning in less than an hour?

Nope, but you can get an effect from some chemicals that quickly.

Simply unbelievable! Now ALSO an expert in food poisoning, you subnormal
85-year-old senile pest? tsk

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bod" wrote in message
[...]

Not all contaminants can be washed off.

Thursday I bought two pieces of meat from the place I've refused for
years to buy meat from, because they were caught dying the meat red,
plus a container of chicken salad.

Dyeing the meat, or treating it with carbon monoxide?

I ate a little of each, and within an hour of starting, while I still
eating, I had cramps. Can you get food poisoning in less than an hour?

No. Food poisoning takes 12-24 hours to develop.

The chicken salad probably had some ingredient in it that your
digestive system didn't like. It happened to my husband a couple
of months ago.

You spend more than an hour eating? Huh. I generally spend about
20 minutes eating a meal.

Cindy Hamilton