Average cost of new roof for 2000 sq ft house? (composite)

Old November 30th 06, 11:11 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Average cost of new roof for 2000 sq ft house? (composite)

What is the average cost of new roof for 2000 sq ft house? (composite)

7k?

10k?

Old November 30th 06, 11:49 PM posted to alt.home.repair

First to decide is what type of roof you will be installing. Metal,
Asphalt, Fiberglass. As well there are several grades available in
most Asphalt and Fiberglass product. These effect the warranty that
will be offered. What type of system will you be installing? Prices
will vary from contractor to contractor so best to do is reasearch your
product first... then ALWAYS get THREE bids for the job. And make sure
your contractor and his employees are insured in any case someone falls
or is hurt on the job.

Old December 1st 06, 12:23 AM posted to alt.home.repair

You'll need about 25 squares, at $50/sq for 30 year shingles that's $1250
plus $200 or so for other materials, the rest is labour. I've seen rates of
over $300/sq

oups.com...

Old December 1st 06, 12:54 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"Martik" wrote
You'll need about 25 squares, at $50/sq for 30 year shingles that's $1250
plus $200 or so for other materials, the rest is labour. I've seen rates
of over $300/sq

You're the first one I've seen, which has been able to quote prices over
the internet.

I got out of the construction business 4 years ago. I was in roofing for
26+ years. I must say, you're a bit low for quoting "other materials", then
again, it shows how many corners can be cut.

A sq. ft. structure means absolutely.....zip. You estimate materials by
covered area (decking), this varies widely and is dependent on
pitch/style/dormers/valleys, just for starters.

For instance, you can have a 2000 sq ft colonial with 4/12 pitch, plus an
attached 2 car garage. I've done these with approx. 18 square. This is
normal gable style.

Or, you can have a ranch style 2000 sq.ft., 7/12 pitch, hip roof, have a
couple dormers (yes dormers on a ranch). And, run around 32 squares.

Old December 1st 06, 05:30 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"Tim Kirby" wrote in message

"Martik" wrote
[...]

You are right, I should have added a disclaimer.

That was not a quote, but a rough guide of material costs based on a lot of
assumptions.

Here in Canada, Rona charges $5,000 for a 1200 sqft Ranch home with straight
gable 4/12, about $4000 profit for a couple days work.

Old December 9th 06, 11:24 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Tim Kirby wrote:
"Martik" wrote
[...]

I need to understand the roofing industry for a project that I am
doing. If you can correspond with me thru e-mail. I will appreciate it.
Please let me know if you are ok with that. My e-mail address is:

Old December 10th 06, 12:48 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 1, 12:30 am, "Martik" wrote:
"Tim Kirby" wrote...

"Martik" wrote
[...]

It's not even that. They're simply guesses. You have no information
from the OP at all that would be of any use in even making assumptions.
You don't even know where the house is located. Proceeding to talk
about cost numbers based entirely on assumptions is at best misleading.

Here in Canada, Rona charges $5,000 for a 1200 sqft Ranch home with straight
gable 4/12, about $4000 profit for a couple days work.

From the material numbers in your earlier post it seems that you are

saying here that labor in Canada is free. Seems rather hard to
believe.
Profit is what is left over after you deduct materials, labor,
insurance, dump fees, etc.

Old December 10th 06, 02:55 AM posted to alt.home.repair

"RicodJour" wrote in message

It's not even that. They're simply guesses. You have no information
from the OP at all that would be of any use in even making assumptions.
You don't even know where the house is located. Proceeding to talk
about cost numbers based entirely on assumptions is at best misleading.

It does not matter. He wanted the average. If you check the Construction
and Repair Data Base, then narrow the search to houses at 2000 square feet,
you can look up the cost of a re-roof as recorded for the past 12 months.
You can also look up previous years and it gives the inflation factor to
use. Seems that if you take the average of the 213,648 houses that were
re-roofed, the average cost was $5186.72.