Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE Oven igniter bar

I have to replace the igniter bar in my GE gas oven. I can't seem to get to
the molex connector without taking out more of the oven than I care to. Can
I just cut and reconnect the wires? What should I use that will withstand
the heat?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Connsu wrote:
I have to replace the igniter bar in my GE gas oven. I can't seem to get to
the molex connector without taking out more of the oven than I care to. Can
I just cut and reconnect the wires? What should I use that will withstand
the heat?

Just replace the ignitor / glow bar on my freestanding (slide in) GE
stove top / oven /broiler........the new glow bar was a generic (I
think) & can with hi temp sire nuts

btw the cheapest I've found the part is on ebay (after a bought mine
online for $85!) for ~$35

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5873&rd=1&rd=1

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

I need new igniter bar where do I get one?

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ar-170731-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/20/2021 11:15 AM, nancy wrote:
I need new igniter bar where do I get one?

https://www.amazon.com/GE-WB13T10045.../dp/B004H3XPRG

Wasn't that hard?

GE igniter replacement for a GE XL44 oven srlk2 Home Repair 1 November 21st 06 03:41 PM
Unusual oven igniter problem CraigT Home Repair 2 September 22nd 06 01:01 PM
Oven Igniter Issue Mark Home Repair 7 May 23rd 06 11:17 PM
Oven igniter replaced - glows all the time RichK Home Repair 5 January 15th 06 02:22 PM
Oven Igniter (glow bar) Replacement RichK Home Repair 9 January 6th 06 02:32 AM