Raise toilet tank water level

Old November 29th 06, 06:06 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Raise toilet tank water level

I have a toilet tank with a Fluidmaster 400 series float control
thingie. I noticed that the water level in the tank is a bit lower than
it used to be. It must have been higher when a different manufacturer
float control was in there. Judging by the (for lack of a better term)
erosion line, the old water level is approx. 2 to 2 1/2 inches higher.
The toilet is approx. 30 years old.

I tried to fiddle with the wire link, to no avail. This is
confusing to me, as I think that I am missing something.... There is
that crimp, which prevents the water level adjustment clip from going
past a certain point. Anyway, I found that if the link was extended (by
bending the wire with two pliers), that the toilet would have less
water, as the black float cup would shut the water flow valve in the
fill valve top cap sooner. If I made the wire link shorter, then it is
too short to shut the water flow valve. As far as I can tell, this is
because the black float cup only goes up to a certain point. Help
please.

The old water level line is above the whole Fluidmaster assembly.
There's about two inches of headroom above it.

Thanks for any advice given.

Feedscrn

p.s. I read an interesting article a while ago that ppl were going to
Canada to buy toilets there. Apparently, they have more of a flush.

Old November 29th 06, 06:14 PM posted to alt.home.repair

feedscrn wrote:
[...]

If this is the unit you have.......

http://www.fluidmaster.com/float_products_intl_400.html

the whole assembly can be made taller such that the limited float
travel will occur in the range that you desire.

wil that solve the problem?

YEARS ago I fiddled with a Fluidmaster...I bent the 90 deg in two
places to shorten it. I had a tall toilet tank & it was before the
adjustable valve bodies

cheers
Bob

Old November 29th 06, 06:32 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Bob,

Yes, that's the one. I did not notice the threads at the bottom in
the picture before.

To adjust, it looks like I have to remove it first. All that stuff
on it will not turn around in there.

Thanks, Feedscrn

Old November 29th 06, 08:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 29 Nov 2006 10:32:55 -0800, "feedscrn" wrote:
Bob,

Yes, that's the one. I did not notice the threads at the bottom in
the picture before.

To adjust, it looks like I have to remove it first. All that stuff
on it will not turn around in there.

Slide the plastic sleeve/collar up and you can adjust the height
without removal of the unit. Once adjusted slide the sleeve down.

--
Oren

Old November 30th 06, 09:02 PM posted to alt.home.repair

To Bob, Oren,

I couldn't have done it without your help.

Thanks and God Bless,

Feedscrn

Old November 30th 06, 10:00 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 30 Nov 2006 13:02:47 -0800, "feedscrn" wrote:

To Bob, Oren,

I couldn't have done it without your help.

Thanks and God Bless,

Feedscrn

Glad to help.

--